Dimming LED DRLs Connect

danyaero

Apr 19, 2018
G’day everyone! I’ve been searching a bit on the forum but I haven’t found anything regarding the question I’m about to ask.
I own an Ibiza Connect, which comes with the Double H7 halogen headlamps, and it also comes with a led DRL strip.
The factory settings for the led DRL is to power off when changing in to low beams. I’ve been researching a lot and trying different settings using vagcom but I’m not able to dim these strips so that they can stay on at night but dimming the intensity of these. I’ve been able to keep them on at full intensity, but of course this flashes oncoming traffic as they are so bright.
Anyone here got any idea of how to dim the intensity of these DRLs? Thanks!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
G’day everyone! I’ve been searching a bit on the forum but I haven’t found anything regarding the question I’m about to ask.
I own an Ibiza Connect, which comes with the Double H7 halogen headlamps, and it also comes with a led DRL strip.
The factory settings for the led DRL is to power off when changing in to low beams. I’ve been researching a lot and trying different settings using vagcom but I’m not able to dim these strips so that they can stay on at night but dimming the intensity of these. I’ve been able to keep them on at full intensity, but of course this flashes oncoming traffic as they are so bright.
Anyone here got any idea of how to dim the intensity of these DRLs? Thanks!

Ok, I have the DLRs too, but the Bi-Xenon type. In my previous Leon, on 0 (on the switch) the DRLs are on full intensity (but dims to 40% if indicator is on), on 'parking lights' they are on 40% intensity, and turns the rear LED tailights on. On dipped beam, same LED headlights + DRLs @ 40%.

On the Ibiza (66 plate). on the switches 0, and parking lights, intensity is the same (eg...maximum). and on dipped, the intensity drops to 40% or so. I used Carrista to 'enable DRLs on or off on infotainment system.' When I turn this off there, on 0 they are completely off, and on parking lights, they are on the 'dimmer' variant. Also I have enabled option to 'turn DRLs off' when handbrake is applied. Not sure if it's the same though for non Bi-Xenon Led DRLs.

danyaero

Apr 19, 2018
Ok, I have the DLRs too, but the Bi-Xenon type. In my previous Leon, on 0 (on the switch) the DRLs are on full intensity (but dims to 40% if indicator is on), on 'parking lights' they are on 40% intensity, and turns the rear LED tailights on. On dipped beam, same LED headlights + DRLs @ 40%.

On the Ibiza (66 plate). on the switches 0, and parking lights, intensity is the same (eg...maximum). and on dipped, the intensity drops to 40% or so. I used Carrista to 'enable DRLs on or off on infotainment system.' When I turn this off there, on 0 they are completely off, and on parking lights, they are on the 'dimmer' variant. Also I have enabled option to 'turn DRLs off' when handbrake is applied. Not sure if it's the same though for non Bi-Xenon Led DRLs.

Hi! Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately my led DRLs don’t work the same as the bixenon fitting. By the looks of it, when checking out via vagcom, my car should have a signal modulator to dimm my leds, but unfortunately I’m not able to find it. If I dimm directly the leds within their light setup, these start to flicker. Bixenon or the Leon’s with led Drl have a light module which is the 2SL VLB/3SL VRB that controls the led intensity. In my headlamp this module controls the position lights which are two small 5w bulbs.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.