Dipped Headlights

timirvine1977

Hey folks,

Had a quick search, but couldn't see anything specifically related to this...

Both of my dipped headlights have suddenly become very weak. They are still both putting out 'some' light when the dipped lights are switched on, and main beam is as per usual.

The problem with both occurred at the same time, so I'm not sure if it would be related to the bulbs or electrics. Before I go out and buy some new bulbs, any ideas?

Thanks

Tim

Lombard

Hey folks,

Had a quick search, but couldn't see anything specifically related to this...

Both of my dipped headlights have suddenly become very weak. They are still both putting out 'some' light when the dipped lights are switched on, and main beam is as per usual.

The problem with both occurred at the same time, so I'm not sure if it would be related to the bulbs or electrics. Before I go out and buy some new bulbs, any ideas?

Thanks

Tim

This would figure if there was a point of high resistance in the circuit, If so look at the CEM above your right knee, see if there are wiring modifications with poor crimp connectors ... if so remove the additional wiring and solder the original wires back together, it was a piece of resistance wire that got warm and can play up at the crimp connectors.. Best get rid of it!

flenhellis

This would figure if there was a point of high resistance in the circuit, If so look at the CEM above your right knee, see if there are wiring modifications with poor crimp connectors ... if so remove the additional wiring and solder the original wires back together, it was a piece of resistance wire that got warm and can play up at the crimp connectors.. Best get rid of it!

Yes, what he said is true,,This would figure if there was a point of high resistance in the circuit...