Disable Clifford Alarm?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Just bought a car with a Clifford Concept 500 alarm system fitted. Thing is i don't like it and i dont want it on there (because the dam thing keeps going off). The car (2001 Ibiza Cupra) has its own alarm system which i would rather use.

I want to know if it is possible to completely dissable the clifford at all?

The alarm does have an override feature which works by tapping in a code, but............ it enables its self again after you start the car :rolleyes:

Failing that, anyone know any local ish Clifford dealers in Gloucestershire?

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
easy way is to put it to "valet mode ) every time u exit the car , think u press the left 2 buttons on the remote , n the led stays constantly on , tho every thief would know that ur system is deactivated , plus it will need doing eery time u stat the car , u will need a clifford dealer to deactivate it tho fully

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Thing is valet mode is also playing up :( I think one of the sensors maybe faulty, the alarm keeps acting like one of the doors isnt shut properly :(

Hmmmm looks like im on a mission to find my nearest dealer then. Thanks for the info matey :)

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
I do mate yeah, ive got a 'master' remote (5 buttons) and a 'companion' remote (4 buttons).

Basically what keeps hapening is this:

Everytime i go to lock the car, the alarm just sounds constantly, so i press the arm/disarm button again, and the same thing happens. I've only just bought the car tonight and it happened when i met the guy to pick it up. He said it only ever happened once before (he sorted it by entering the 4 digit code via the PlainView switch) but i've tried that and it isnt helping :(

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
is the bonnet, boot closed . u can use a feature called total event recall , start the car and the led will blink repeatedly then pause a bit , then blink again . pause blink , etc 4 ten repetitions , count the blinks between pauses , tell me how many blinks , il tell ya wats wrong

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
1 flash between pauses= activation of proximity sensor
2 tilt.motion sensor
4 door ajar
5 boot/bonnet ajar
6 bonnet(only if u have intellistart
7 ignition armed whilst activated
8 3 incorrect valet codes inputted
10 power tampering or battery is low

hope this helps

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Sods law mate, its working ok now. Would you mind PM'ing me your email address and i'll contact you tomorrow as i'm sure it'll play up in the morning? :)

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
stoneyfordNI said:
1 flash between pauses= activation of proximity sensor
2 tilt.motion sensor
4 door ajar
5 boot/bonnet ajar
6 bonnet(only if u have intellistart
7 ignition armed whilst activated
8 3 incorrect valet codes inputted