Disable lightbulb error light

DazJohnson

Hi all,

I've got some aftermarket bulbs in my Leon, evidently bringing on the bulb blown warning light.

Is there an option within VCDS (VAGCOM) to disable this or select which bulbs to check. Had a quick look today but can't see any in the coding/adaptation options.

If there isn't then I presume a resistor inline will be the only way.

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
I'm assuming it's led's? I've got canbus error free ones in my number plate and they work fine. Surely it's quite a handy feature to keep working.

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
All the canbus error free LED replacement bulbs for the DRL/Sidelight do seem error every so often, I don't think anyone has found a make that don't yet.

DazJohnson

I've found a way to disable the "Cold Diagnostics" for the lights on VCDS (VAGCOM) but think they will still bring a fault due to the canbus system constantly scanning.

Looks like either swapping for error free led's or buying a few load resistors

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
I've found a way to disable the "Cold Diagnostics" for the lights on VCDS (VAGCOM) but think they will still bring a fault due to the canbus system constantly scanning.

Looks like either swapping for error free led's or buying a few load resistors

Cold diagnostic checks the bulb at start up of car. This would work on your dim lights if you had removed the bulbs or replaced with led's. But as soon as you would turn on the dim lights the warning will come again. There is no way to get around this issue with the help of VCDS yet.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.