Disabling Corner Fogs

andrewfx1

Jun 5, 2010
Ok, I've only had this car since Monday and already the pointless cornering lights are driving me mad. They just look stupid, like when sat behind a car at the roundabout waiting with some small degree of lock on the steering wheel and you have one fog light on! WTF?

It looks as if you only have one fog light working and you can see people looking at the front thinking whats that all about? Also, when they are constantly going on and off say for example over a series of several roundabouts it looks to the person in front that you are flashing your fogs at them....

Who's stupid idea was it to add this "feature"? [:@]

Please, please, can someone tell me how to disable this pointless feature? :funk:

dsfs2.jpg

In 09 Central Electronics, Long coding, Byte 12
just uncheck bit 6 in byte 12!

i have mine switched off!:p

Ibiza 09

i thought so, luckily the cornering fogs dont bother me i was just asking a question

JamesCB

I've been in a mate's car with it and thought they were annoying too. Sure you're tjust gonna get used to it?

alpha955

Thanks to andrewfx1 for sharing that info, just waiting for VCDS to turn up via snail-mail.:lol:

BTW, would you know how to turn off the dash warning light that indicates blown bulbs? want to replace sidelight bulbs with LEDs.

Thanks.

alpha955

Agreed, Ultra 501s

I have bought 4 ultra 501's with built in resistors & using ALL 4 throws up the warning. Using 2 ultras + 2 normal 501's and all's ok. I've even added extra resistors to the 4 ultra 501's and it still gives the warning. Any ideas? I would like to sort it out using VCDS.

Thanks.

alpha955

Sorry to ba a pain, but has anyone got an update to the above questions regarding turning off the bulb failure warning light?

Thanks

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I thought "Buy LEDs that don't put the light on" was the 'right' answer

Easy enough to spot on ebay

alpha955

sorry my bad. Should have explained it better. I have 2xCanbus LEDS 5 watt (the same as a normal 501 / w5w bulb) & 2 Ultra 501, no bulb failure warning shown, but if I remove the ultra's and fit 2 more Canbus LED's then the warning shows. Does this make sense?:confused:

Hope someone can throw some light on it (no pun intended).

alpha955

Thanks for the reply, going to stick with the ultra's till I can get it switched off with VCDS.

Regards

alpha955

Seatbelt chime....disabled
Cornering fog lights.......disabled
just have to find the correct bit for bulb warning in cold dignostics

luv this VCDS 10.6 :clap: