Disappointing Weekend at Donington for SEAT

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
PLATO: FOCUS ONLY ON MANUFACTURERS’ TITLE NOW After a dreadfully unlucky Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship race day at Donington Park, Jason Plato has conceded that his challenge for this year’s Drivers’ title is over – and all his efforts will be focused on trying to win the Manufacturers’ crown for SEAT, in only its third year of competition.

Link To Original Article

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It's funny, how people present themselves at the BTCC, TD do promote the Halfords generation with mucky models & chavved up cars

Gutting weekend for SEAT, and a poor race at race 3, v funny when people go broadsides through Old Hairpin with safety car....

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
first time I have actually watched the btcc the whole way through, matt neal deserves a kick in t he balls and told to wise up, Seats were a little unlucky but apart from plato they didnt seem to have the pace round donnington which looks like a twisty undulating course (only time ive been round it is on toca2!!)
Safety car making it round fine yet tc's sideways made me giggle!

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i was thinking that there may be some SEAT bias in my support today,in the way JP was publically slating matt neal.but then to hear turkington saying virtually the same thing made me think i wasn't wearing SEAT tinted glasses.
and matt neal saying JP should maybe talk out of his ass more instead of his mouth,had me confused for a bit.if you're going to slate someone ,then at least get it right mr NEAL.
bad day for SEAT tuner was a little unlucky not to get a podium,but wtf is wrong with the SEAT starts?toledo last season. and now the leon seem very slow off the mark

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
jase im convinced a na motor gets a better start because its easier to control revs/wheelspin due to lesser low down torque.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
plato said something along the lines of"one rule for them" neal said plato was talking out of his mouth,and should maybe talk from the other end.which made him look like a ****

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
real shame, turner did well to keep fighting, think he came off 2 or 3 times in race 2 (i think) but still managed to keep going!

I totally missed race 3 start where plato + 2 others were ruled out :( shame, but just werent fast enough.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Frustratingly for the future we have:

Snetterton - 2 long straight (expect to get handed our asses by Vx, TD & RAC)
Knockhill - should do well, it'll probably rain - and the Leon does perform well in adverse grip conditions - but on big hill which they struggled with in past years
Silverstone - 3 long straights, with a less than challenging complex (no hills at least)
Brands Hatch - they just rule there.

Deleted member 13653

I was at Donnington today, was with a mate in his VXR. I havent been on here for ages and was gutted when i seen Seat had field parking. I seen two ibiza cupra's next to all the Leons and wished mine was there to make 3 cupra's! Disappointing races. I swear the black porsche cayman was just testing out the tyres during each race interval.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
ROFL at Matt Neal's quote, what an idiot!

It was a terrible weekend for SEAT, I was so disappointed for them!

Is Rob Collard going to lose his licence soon or what? That move on Darren Turner in the first race looked horrific!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Which one...... in Race 1 where he tapped him, then held back & then tapped him again to get him sliding to the tyre wall? Luckily darren looks to be a master of car control, as he got it straight & only lost 3 places

jonv

Sep 2, 2005
markoos said:
Anyone know when Motors tv is gonna re-run it?Missed a lot of stuff in race 2 as we went up to the chicane for a look.

Next re-run is 9pm tomorrow.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.