Discounted Compact Dashcam

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
VTGo dashcam. Nice and small, might be what some people are after.

There's a discount code currently available. Enter BF007 in the coupon box at checkout, £60 off, so it's £70 delivered with an SD card. There's an included USB charger, but it's probably a cigarette lighter job? so you may want to look at the hardwire options.

I've no connection with the company and don't own one, but it does look like a decent little cam for not much cash.HTH

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Looks ideal for my purposes, so I ordered a black one. Code worked fine and as they offered PayPal I have their backup if anything goes dodgy. Seem like a legit company though, so not expecting any issues. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
The reduced price seems good, at full price though I think it would be possible to do quite a lot better than that.

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
Agree on the pricing, at the reduced price I may get one for a rear cam.
The only grumble I've heard on a different forum was that delivery was a bit slow over the Bank holiday periods.
Let us know how you get on PaulyM.

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
Used these guys on my previous works fleet and they’re very good company to work with. We didn’t that this dash cam but the full HDD system

simmouk

Jul 1, 2020
Coventry
Ordered one of these myself the other day using the discount code, it arrived today and I've gone to set it up, but there is no VTGO+ / VTGO app on the Google Play store! Does anyone currently own one of these VTGO+ units from www.vtgo.co.uk and has the app for when connected via Wifi on Play Store?

I've found a couple of "dodgy" looking sites that offer the direct APK download for the app - so it looks like it did exist, but I've had to fire off an emai to them to ask about the Google app as I don't fancy using a download from a non-official source - you never know where it's been! Also - it's an older version so no updates/no support etc.

Their site just says "there's an app" and does't say Apple Store ONLY, but the quick start manual that has come with DOES say "app available on Apple store and Google".

It's a shame if there isn't actually an app for Google Play as I'll be returning it as not as advertised. If it's Applie iPhone only it should cleary state that.

simmouk

Jul 1, 2020
Coventry
Ordered one of these myself the other day using the discount code, it arrived today and I've gone to set it up, but there is no VTGO+ / VTGO app on the Google Play store! Does anyone currently own one of these VTGO+ units from www.vtgo.co.uk and has the app for when connected via Wifi on Play Store?

I've found a couple of "dodgy" looking sites that offer the direct APK download for the app - so it looks like it did exist, but I've had to fire off an emai to them to ask about the Google app as I don't fancy using a download from a non-official source - you never know where it's been! Also - it's an older version so no updates/no support etc.

Their site just says "there's an app" and does't say Apple Store ONLY, but the quick start manual that has come with DOES say "app available on Apple store and Google".

It's a shame if there isn't actually an app for Google Play as I'll be returning it as not as advertised. If it's Applie iPhone only it should cleary state that.

So I got a reply from them.

The app you need on the Play Store is actually called "Xplore Cam" - nothing related to or worded to come up in any VisionTrack or VTGO searches! You can get the PDF manual, datasheet and info on the App once you sign up for an account on support.visiontrack.com - again, wouldn't have known this wihtout them telling me about it! I suggested they update their paper Quick Start guide that gets shipped with the unit as otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue.

Seems a bit dodgy to me - but I've at least had an official reply from VisionTrack... the key is

"For android devices using the Google play store, 'Xplore Cam' is the app that will give you access to your VTGo+.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tonmind.xplore&hl=en_US"

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.