Discounts on Cupra Ateca

frjamie

Feb 3, 2015
Hi,

Just wondering if there are likely to be any good discounts on these anytime soon as they seem that by getting the Cupra brand they dont have the same discounts available with brokers as Seat Cupras. The best i've seen is about 8-9%, which makes it quite expensive compared to the 20%+ discounts on more popular Fleet cars.

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
I’ve not seen any decent discounts and the likes of companies such as drive the deal and carwow aren’t giving anything significant away.

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
When I was choosing between a new Leon Cupra or the Ateca my dealer explained why they can't give proper discounts on Atecas.
His understanding was that Cupra in general does not want to boost Ateca sales numbers noticeably before the Formentor is out therefore they are not given too many Atecas with a discounted price.
One aspect are the CO2 emission limits imposed on the factories and other aspect is the fact that a person who currently purchases an Ateca and is satisfied with it, is more unlikely to want to buy the Formentor (which will have no CO2 issues cause of the hybrid engine).

Reactions: Billyray911

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
That said, diplomatic (through work) discount in Belgium 19%.
Normal discount here would be around 5 to 6% max; probably less for the Cupra as demand is higher than supply.

Sorrynotsorry

Oct 18, 2019
Hi all I did some good haggling on my Cupra Ateca C+S. Was quoted £36k dead on which when combined with the £1750 finance contribution for PCP meant a bottom line of £34,250.

Couldn’t get anyone to beat it - either broker or other dealer.

Apparently this represents the full margin so theoretically any Cupra specific dealership has the ability to offer it, they just don’t want to believing that the car is still unusual enough to warrant keeping the prices high.

My local dealership is located in a very rural area and so they want to get cars on the roads, get them seen, and get more sold.

If my first 2 days ownership are anything to go by, this will work. I have never been stopped so many times by people wanting to talk about my car ‍♀️

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Hi all I did some good haggling on my Cupra Ateca C+S. Was quoted £36k dead on which when combined with the £1750 finance contribution for PCP meant a bottom line of £34,250.

Couldn’t get anyone to beat it - either broker or other dealer.

Apparently this represents the full margin so theoretically any Cupra specific dealership has the ability to offer it, they just don’t want to believing that the car is still unusual enough to warrant keeping the prices high.

My local dealership is located in a very rural area and so they want to get cars on the roads, get them seen, and get more sold.

If my first 2 days ownership are anything to go by, this will work. I have never been stopped so many times by people wanting to talk about my car ‍♀️
Its a nice car, I'd have one in a heart beat but im going to make do with my leon cupra.

Edit: Even on forces cars, who offer some serious discounts, can only do it for £33,726 ( I got my Leon Cupra 290 Lux for £21,795)

Last edited:

Sorrynotsorry

Oct 18, 2019
Its a nice car, I'd have one in a heart beat but im going to make do with my leon cupra.

Edit: Even on forces cars, who offer some serious discounts, can only do it for £33,726 ( I got my Leon Cupra 290 Lux for £21,795)

So ForcesCars Direct quoted £34500 for a Cupra AtecaC+S (now showing on their website as £35500) - so when I said I couldn't get anyone to quote lower than my local dealership (£34250) I really meant it!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.