Discs & pads for Ibiza Mk3 20VT brakes

Hi everyone

Have some Mk3 Ibiza 20VT 280mm brakes to go on my Mk2 Cupra 8v and wondered what you are all using for discs and pads and if you have any recommendations?

8v setup (256mm) has been Red Dot discs with Pagid FR pads. Like the pads so may use those again, but not sure what else is good thats tried and tested and what discs, and whether plain or grooved is going to make much difference?

Welcome your thoughts...

Cheers

Ryan

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
personally I'd probably buy solid discs (much much cheaper) but get some hard pads (last longer) - grooved discs will reduce the pad life a little

but for everyday use that sounds fine. New fluid is sensible indeed - be prepared for new rubber brake lines though, they might be perrished by now?

have braided on my 256mm setup at the moment and JKM reckon they can reuse them with the 280mm setup

i do about 6000 miles a year and a couple of track days a year so life of them is not an issue. Current FR pads on the car have been on there 2 years and they are fine. Red Dot 4 grooved discs have been on 4 years and covered approx 25k miles.

Looking for a good all round setup, dont want to scimp on cheap/plain discs if I'm doing this properly but if thats the best option with the FR pads then I can live with that and save some £.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
your braided lines will be fine, so that's good.

always buy a known branded disc (you said brembo's) not unbranded stuff

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.