Diverter valve - cupra

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Hello all.

This is sort of related to the current 'hesitation' issue thread in the MK1 section. I have commented on that thread as my 1.8t has a hesitation issue similar to the OP.

Anyway, part of my investigation into the issue has lead to some advice to replace the Diverter valve (preferably a better one I.e. a Forge)

Long winded introduction over...

Who has one?
Who has a cheaper (than Forge) one?
And can I just get one of these coz they look ok??
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/191941595566

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
If your current valve is faulty, i'd replace it with another oem one! Cheaper than forge and arguably faster to react. The one you linked to is NOT suitable. It's forge or oem really. If you go forge it needs to be fully recirculating.

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
If your current valve is faulty, i'd replace it with another oem one! Cheaper than forge and arguably faster to react. The one you linked to is NOT suitable. It's forge or oem really. If you go forge it needs to be fully recirculating.

Cheers dude, I'll get an OE one I think.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I would agree the oem one is a better choice than the piston type - although I guess its down to personal choice, Bill@Badger5 has done a lot of testing and swears by the oem unit. The catch is to get a genuine Bosch unit, there are a lot on ebay that are rip offs or not the "p" or "n" which is what you want. That said many people swear by the piston type , but if you go down that route get a known brand Forge, GFB etc. Our engines cannot use the vent to atmosphere style "dump valve" so you need the diverter style.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
OEM unit works fine. The downside is that they very slightly start to leak after 6 or 7 years, but not so much that you'd notice at first. You just end up driving around with slightly less power without really noticing, just because the rubber diaphragm loosens up - it's just the nature of the material. I prefer the Forge because you know it will never leak.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.