diverter valve for fr tfsi

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
So finally gettin round to orderin a bluefin for my fr tfsi. Gonna get an audi diverter valve too, one of the upgraded units. gettin it from JKM. Was told this would be ok for stage 1 remaps.
anyway...problem is, i live in N.Ireland, so have to get it posted to me and get someone else to install the dv for me. anyone had this done so i know roughly how much it'll cost? anyone even done it themselves, is it a good idea to try? thanks

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
So finally gettin round to orderin a bluefin for my fr tfsi. Gonna get an audi diverter valve too, one of the upgraded units. gettin it from JKM. Was told this would be ok for stage 1 remaps.
anyway...problem is, i live in N.Ireland, so have to get it posted to me and get someone else to install the dv for me. anyone had this done so i know roughly how much it'll cost? anyone even done it themselves, is it a good idea to try? thanks

instal is easy mate , iirc 3 bolts hold it in place.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
yeah i think ive read somewhere before that you have to take off the drivers wheel and get to it that way, but not really too clued in about these things

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Ok, got the bluefin today, waitin to get the new map back from superchips. I'm pickin the new diverter valve up fro audi tomorrow mornin too, so ill hopefully get that fitted before the map goes on. Anyone wanna give me a general guide on how to do it if they've replaced theirs? Its on the fr by the way, not the cupra. Thanks

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Have a look of Forges website they have a guide there that will show ho to replace it, what was the difference in price between Audi & JKM?

Yeah just had a look there now, that'll hopefully see me through thanks. Eh, the price was actually exactly the same! I was surprised about that, but at least it shows jkm aint rippin us off

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
I just ordered the Audi diverter valve for £41 delivered :p

brute! did ya order the D valve? jkm says its the right one for the fr tfsi, but some of the skoda forums for the octavia vrs say it should be a G valve. not sure what to believe really. Doubt jkm would get it wrong

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
yeah, the uprated d valve... got it from seremotors :D

should be here by end of the week :D

from what I have read, it can be used on both FR and cupra...

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
yeah seems to be. some people have said it effects the drive though, that there's a noticeable turbo lag until around 4000 rpm with the D dv installed? heard anything about this?

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
I changed to the D valve and it did feel a little stronger initially. My original OE valve didn,t show any signs of splitting but i think the D version is a better unit with more longevity. Can,t see the need to go for a Forge unit other than bragging rights and maybe a bit of noise.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.