Diverter Valve question..

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Is there a way of knowing what DV your car has without actually physically looking?

Like production month/year etc?

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Chances are that the most won't have the original dv fitted now anyway, so whatever your car left the factory with will have been changed.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Chances are that the most won't have the original dv fitted now anyway, so whatever your car left the factory with will have been changed.

I have a 12 plate FR+ I got it in 2014 with about 9-10k miles on it so I think it most likely has the factory one, but I have no idea what the factory one at the time is.

Car just feels a bit sluggish to me so I was thinking about upgrading it to see if it makes a difference.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Does the car whistle under heavy acceleration?? To be honest for £40 and 10 mins to change its worth just buying a new one and fitting it.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Does the car whistle under heavy acceleration?? To be honest for £40 and 10 mins to change its worth just buying a new one and fitting it.

I have heard a turbo whistle when holding full throttle. There are a few different revisions though aren't there, not sure which would be the best to change it for.

Also seen the GFB one which is about £100 or £140 for the noisy one.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Stick to standard revision g (I think this is the later type)

9f5c2c0f89e062c56cb82132d13d1160.jpg

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I have heard a turbo whistle when holding full throttle. There are a few different revisions though aren't there, not sure which would be the best to change it for.

Also seen the GFB one which is about £100 or £140 for the noisy one.
From looking on Google, rev D is listed as being the later design not rev G

Rev g has the rubber diaphragm, where as the d has a plastic diaphragm

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
You want the latest piston diaphragm which is part no. 06H145710D

Mine came from the factory with 06H145710C but was also a piston version.

Have now got the GFB DV+.

Reactions: Brimfull

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Is it worth double for the GFB though?

If you get an aftermarket air intake you will notice a high pitched flute sound when going WOT, it eliminates that which was good for me.

Is generally stronger than the oem DV and can hold boost better, also holds on to boost better when shifting meaning you don't have much of a delay waiting for the boost to pick back up.

Have a look online, also on the golf forums, make your own decision.

Reactions: Tonezz

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Hi mate looking on getting one of these for my Cupra are they worth getting mate

Depends on how much power you're running. Higher the boost the better it is at holding it than the standard oem part. It's louder than stock if you have an open filter.

If you've got the DV that is a diaphragm rather than piston these are prone to splitting causing boost leaks. Depends on what your setup is.

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
Depends on how much power you're running. Higher the boost the better it is at holding it than the standard oem part. It's louder than stock if you have an open filter.

If you've got the DV that is a diaphragm rather than piston these are prone to splitting causing boost leaks. Depends on what your setup is.
Mine is a mk3 280 but stage 1 running 360 bhp and 535 nm I get the feeling some times like not getting full boast

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
I must point out that the Revision D diverter with the plastic diaphragm is not the best to use and leak far more than people think and fail a lot. The revision G is still the best for the engines.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I must point out that the Revision D diverter with the plastic diaphragm is not the best to use and leak far more than people think and fail a lot. The revision G is still the best for the engines.

My Cupra came with a Rev D (on the Cupra it's at the top of the engine bay so you can check with a dentist mirror which rev). I swapped to the G and felt a much sharper response from it. The D showed no signs of tearing. But it's also worth keeping in mind I swapped a 6 year old rev D for a brand new G. So that would also have made a difference.

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
My Cupra came with a Rev D (on the Cupra it's at the top of the engine bay so you can check with a dentist mirror which rev). I swapped to the G and felt a much sharper response from it. The D showed no signs of tearing. But it's also worth keeping in mind I swapped a 6 year old rev D for a brand new G. So that would also have made a difference.
Hi my Cupra has only done 24k it’s a 65 plate running 360bhp and 535nm is it best to take off and see if it’s got a hole in it first before I buy new one

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi my Cupra has only done 24k it’s a 65 plate running 360bhp and 535nm is it best to take off and see if it’s got a hole in it first before I buy new one

Hmm, I would hold off for the moment. We are talking about on the 2009-2012 models. I would have thought by the time Seat got to MK3 they'd have sorted it. They changed the dreaded camfollower to roller follower after all. Personally rather than spend money on a dv valve. If you suspect you are lacking boost, I'd book it in for a dyno run (at lot of places do it for around £30), scan for codes or have a smoke test (also around £30).

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
Hmm, I would hold off for the moment. We are talking about on the 2009-2012 models. I would have thought by the time Seat got to MK3 they'd have sorted it. They changed the dreaded camfollower to roller follower after all. Personally rather than spend money on a dv valve. If you suspect you are lacking boost, I'd book it in for a dyno run (at lot of places do it for around £30), scan for codes or have a smoke test (also around £30).
It’s going to more bhp ltd in stoke to my mate Jason he said bring up and put it on rollers I have not long fitted a full racingline r600 induction kit on it too he said it mite need a little adjustment on map as it’s getting more air and stuff will see tomz what happens lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.