Diverter Valve Relocation Kit

The Ross

Anyone have one of these in there car's? Looking to add a few more improvments to my car over the next few months and wondered what people's opinions are on them?

Are they any good and what is there main purpose.

Cheers

The Ross

Yup, thats the one, Now my car is a180 bhp and next month i am geting the car remaped so because this says it is for a 150/180 does that mean it wont be any use?

'By relocating the valve in this way there are two benefits. Firstly, due to operating in lower temperatures the longevity of the valve is increased. Secondly, after relocation, the air that is recirculated back into the intake tract to the turbo will be cooler. Cooler air has a greater density. The greater the density of the charge mix in the cylinder the more power generated on combustion'

The Ross

the general thought on these is waste of time. A few people have them but the difference is that negligable people tend to stick with a straight swap. The extra money could be better spent basically ;)

Cheers mate, Always good to know people's feedback on things. If people think they are a waste off time then its money better in my pocket.

there is always going to mixed reviews on these things but tbh I don't know sometimes if your expecting and hoping for an increase i.e. gain, you fit the said item and then you think there has been because of wishful thinking if you like. Realistically I don't don't think there would be that much of a difference when on the rollers but like i say this is just my opinion. The difference in money between buying a relocation kit and just a dump valve is a decent amount to be fair and i genuinely think it could be better spent. Quite a few start of mods can be bought for £80 ish

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
i think they would be a wast of time.. i bought a bailey one and didnt bother fitting it lol

the mixed reviews go on everything..

for eg i fitted a powerflex dog bone mount but the only difference i see is that it shakes the car on tick over lol but everyone swears by them

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
i fitted one of these, i cannot really see any performance increase , in theory the air is cooler and i can quick easily touch the DV after a few power runs, before i would burn myself, so this much must be better to the longevity of the DV and the cooler air being dumped.
I mostly went for this mod as my DV we not easily accessible and it looks nice!

maberzee

CUPRA 4 EVA
Nov 6, 2008
Taunton, Somerset
so in your honest opinion would you recommend it? iwas looking at one of these and am intrested to hear the mixed opinions i dont think its worth the £100

danny20vt

going back to basics
i've just put one of these on, i wouldn't say its a power increase as such, more of a 'breathe easy' mod, the DV sounds slightly different and the turbo whistle is louder also i've noticed, a flat spot i had at about 2500 rpm has disappeared.
theres a couple of pics in my readers ride (click under my sig) but they are with the vac pipe in wrong place (all sorted now though)
they are definatley an each to their own mod, i'm happy though:D

The Ross

Just found out today that i have been made redundant :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: So all the money i had saved up for my mods, Had a fair wee wack put aside but now i will have to use it to keep myself going so rather gutted at the moment. :cry: :cry: :cry:

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
dont see much point in this at all.. i dont see any good enough reason for it at all. the temperature of the air that goes through the turbo when the turbo is that hot, isnt really going to make a difference at all on a turbo aspirated car... and as for the valve lasting longer if you have a 007p they have a good guarantee and supposed to be serviced anyway with the service kit, what else could possibly go wrong with them,, its a piston and a spring with a few seals..

this mod isnt going to make any difference as already said no noticeable difference, id go for a tip or boost hoses, filter, air feed or something along those lines that will improve performance.

its defiantly not worth £ 100. no point in this mod at all think a few others might agree aswell but might be mixed opinions

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
with all the heat under the engine bay anyway its not exactly going to be ice cold or even much colder, who cares when the turbo heats the air up to 100's of degrees anyway.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members