Diy exhaust

Janis

Oct 30, 2017
So my friend owns his metalworks business and has all the welders pipe benders etc but he mostly works on farm equipment tractors loaders buckets etc. Ot him or me ever made exhaust system so i woud love to try and make one.
Plan is to use mild steel 2.5 inch from turbo.dummy cat and cheap back box.and do it on budget.any tips?what backbox shoud i use?does it matters much as long as its 2.5 inch?
Any help woud be appreciated.
Thanks

Janis

Oct 30, 2017
I also dont want use any parts from my standard cupra system that i can retun it to stock anytime i want and i want new system to be able to go thrue mot.
Ps its 05 1.9 tdi ibiza cupra R

Janis

Oct 30, 2017
We dont have such thing in northern ireland.only mot centres nd they are all proffesional and grumpy

Action Man

Mar 24, 2019
I'd take off the original one..from the std clamp below the cat .....bend a new one up as a direct copy, missing out the two intermediate boxes and buy in a back box that is just a tad smaller than the std one.....make all the hangers match and it only takes abuot an hr to swap pipes if you need to...but in Ireland no one will care

Janis

Oct 30, 2017
I'd take off the original one..from the std clamp below the cat .....bend a new one up as a direct copy, missing out the two intermediate boxes and buy in a back box that is just a tad smaller than the std one.....make all the hangers match and it only takes abuot an hr to swap pipes if you need to...but in Ireland no one will care
I only have ine box at the back.there is bo midbix on ibiza cupra i think

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.