DIY Fix Cup Holder LCR

JamJay

California Bound
Ok, I refuse to believe that these damn things can't be fixed.

Mine popped out for the last time today, and with it came what looks to be a spring. It's a cylindrical thing with a role of copper around the outside which is springy. Nothing is snapped or broken, so how the hell to I put it back together so it works again?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
No, nobody knows...

The EKTA diagram for the cup holder is serious. Probably need to take the dash out.

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
a trip to the dealers is due! i had mine replaced under warranty last year. its now out of warranty and im scared to use it in case it breaks again!

JamJay

California Bound
Got to take the the centre console fascia off which is held in by one screw behine the ashtray and two behine the stereo so its radio and ashtray out, fascia off and then if your cup holder was stuck in like mine, you'll need pliers to get a grip on it to pull it out. Slotting the new one in is easy and then you just put everything back. Takes about 30mins i'd say, I was carful not to bust anything though.

Tpot

when I bought my LCR the cup holder was stuck in, I got it out using a credit card and the copper looking sping just had to be hooked back on. It only took five mins, though I cant really remember what the hell I did.

What a useful post from me haha

lyefieldguy

Jan 11, 2016
Just like Tpot I levered the cup holder out with a credit card and found that the copper spring (which has a square hole it it near the end) just needs to be re-attached to the little plastic lug that you can see sticking up just to the left of centre of the hole that's been left when you remove the cup-holder.

Job done. No need to remove the fascia or buy any new parts (as long as you can find the spring which might well drop onto the floor when you first remove the mechanism!)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise