1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

DIY - How to fit VIS/AutoTech Internals - UPGRADE & MODIFY your fuel pump

Discussion in 'Guides' started by gurpz94, Aug 14, 2019 at 5:22 PM.

1. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

This is a cheap way to get much more out of your car's fuelling system, without having to spend £600 + for an uprated fuel pump (£821 for an APR HPFP!).

This is a DIY so follow it at home, I make a few mistakes but I do my best to point it out along the way. See the bottom video for a guide on how to remove your HPFP,

2. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

Useful part numbers:

Banjo > Bamboo fitting conversion (prices may have changed):

item number 17, 06D127509N Quantity 1 £137.09 inc VAT - (metal fuel pipe)
    item number 31, 06F127511B Quantity 1 £4.79 inc VAT - (rubber fuel hose)
    item number 1B, 06F127213C Quantity 1 £19.80 inc VAt - (Fuel pump bamboo adaptor)
    item number 25, N90986501 Quantity 2 £1.23 each inc VAT - (spring hose clip)

Issues you may run into:

- The tappet fell off - It's most likely on upside down. In the video I installed it upside down. The tappet is flat on one side and the other side isn't. The non flat side should face the cam follower.
    - When I re-installed the fuel pump, it's leaking - You most likely dropped a washer that sits between the various valves and the fuel pump, or one of the components are not correctly installed
    - I dropped a washer, do I need to replace it? - YES! Your fuel pump will leak so make sure to replace the washer