DIY Servicing - 130 TDi Sport

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Well Seat can take a running jump with their servicing prices. Going to carry on doing it all myself.

Just bought - Carbon pollen filter, oil filter, fuel filter, aux drive belt, K&N panel air filter, 5ltr Longlife fully synthetic oil, 2 ltr long life red antifreeze.

All for the grand total of just £122

Thats the best part of £300 saved from the stealers quote.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
Carefule with the anti freeze should be the usual VW G whatever it is someone else will tell you the number been a while since I changed mine and it far to cold for me to go look.

Also pollen filter dont break the clips, very easy to do.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
i always do my services every 5k fill the fuel filter up befor putting on aswel.Also best replace sump plug as it comes with the washer.dont go mad when refitting the plug end up with a cross threaded sump.

All the filters are so easy to do on them theo the one what takes longest is prob the air filter only if ya have a strutt brace on as thats got to come of enjoy.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
I was thinking that,unless there's a problem the cooling system doesn't need touching.

good tip about the sump plug as mine cross threaded or just threaded im not sure which doh.

only time ya really change it is if ya havin a water pump changed id say when i did my anti freeze i just got some of the water out of the bottle and just filled it up with anti freeze saves bleedin it all for no reson really.

when i removed my sump plug i pulled the threads out cause the time befor i didnt replace the plug.So ended up with a sump then my car fell of ramp :cry:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Also pollen filter dont break the clips, very easy to do.

Not sure if I have a different design but there were no clips on the pollen filter housing to be able to break.

All I found was two slides that when moved across released the bottom cover.
Then the filter and surround slid out.

Replaced the filter and closed the housing - then moved the two slides back in to position to lock it shut.

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
Not sure if I have a different design but there were no clips on the pollen filter housing to be able to break.

All I found was two slides that when moved across released the bottom cover.
Then the filter and surround slid out.

Replaced the filter and closed the housing - then moved the two slides back in to position to lock it shut.

Thats the same as mine.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.