DIY short shifter

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
so only the forward backward movement of the gearstick has been reduced 40 %? :shrug:

the side to side movement is controlled the plate connection and has not changed:confused:

Correct, only the forward and back movement has been changed.

The pic in post #58 is the bracket for the side to side movement.

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
Thought that, drilling cast items may not be a good idea, induces stress areas and fracture points that could cause failure.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Do you mean the leon cupra 6 speed?

If so its because the pin that connects to the cable is different.

LEON
2000265730723734821_rs.jpg

mk4 IBIZA
20072008245.jpg

No i have an Ibiza Cupra TDI 2006 with a 6 speed box. thought you saif yours was a 5 speed :S might of been wrong

Smee

bertrum

Gutted!!! Had a look earlier, and seems like my shift mech. is different to that! The connections look like that on the leons. :cry:

i cant recommend this short shifter enough to anybody considering it.
its brilliant thanks for ordering and making me mine up damien.
if anybody else is considering this mod im sure damien wouldnt mind doing it for you aswell cant do any harm in sending him a pm and finding out i can assure you its definatly worth it.
thanks again mate.

Last edited:

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
if the tt short shifter fit the mk4 golf (i know its a slightly bigger car) but it has the same engines and gearboxes, wouldt the tt one fit the mk4 beeza?

I don't think it would as the gearboxes are different than the Ibiza and probably also have the different types of connectors, same as the Leon.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Its the connectors that were different on mine. Ball and socket on mine and pin type on Golf/Leon/TT as far as I know.

Roffel

Dutch Newbie
Jan 6, 2011
Netherlands
www.teamibiza.net
Guys, really would like a shortshifter but have not the abilty to make it like in this tutorial.
Isn't it possible to change the connectorarms?
Like this:
fe12048s-960.jpg

So you take other shifter cable ends:
$T2eC16FHJHYFFkSuKV1HBRbBf3f6y!~~60_12.JPG

and a standard 5-speed VAG short shifter:
!CFfOCKg!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKk!E0bc2p1L3BNVRIp70Gw~~_35.JPG

Last edited:

Aleksandar

Jul 30, 2018
Bringing this thread to life as I am in the position where I can't seem to find anything on the shelf for my ibiza 1.9tdi and I am willing to do this mod but my shifter looks different than anything I have seen online.
Is there anything out there that fits now in 2018?
Regards Aleks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members