DIY Soundproofing

tarpek

Nov 25, 2014
Hi
I have soundproof trunk, rear back side's and frond door's
But I have one strange problem

Right LED strip i brighter than left LED strip?
What I have done wrong?
Any solution?

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Have you removed the door card and inspected the connections on the left hand side?

tarpek

Nov 25, 2014
Have you removed the door card and inspected the connections on the left hand side?
No.
I will do that tomorrow. Thanks.
Any other solution when i will remove door card?
Right one is to bright im my opinion.
It light very biright but i like it?
What do remove? Both?

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Personally I'd just remove the dimmer one and inspect the wires/connections and leave the card removed until you can recheck the LED's in the dark.

I can't recall how the LED looks from the rear of the card but can it be moved out of alignment at all?

Orbiter

Orbiter
Apr 3, 2015
Hi
I have soundproof trunk, rear back side's and frond door's
But I have one strange problem

Right LED strip i brighter than left LED strip?
What I have done wrong?
Any solution?

Can you describe what sort of difference the soundproofing made, was it worth the bother?

tarpek

Nov 25, 2014
Can you describe what sort of difference the soundproofing made, was it worth the bother?
More solid feel... road noise from trunk is gone, door's and trunk are closing more nicely... music is way better...
Fix rattling in door's (been three times in official service to fix this)

This is the best thing to do in Leon.

Very "premium" feel.

I use material from förch. 10 PAK (40 pieces, 50x25 cm and 2 mm thickness)

I need just to soundproof front floor and maybe roof but for roof I would like to buy or customize it to black color.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I've had mine professionally done by the guys at noise kiler acoustic. They did the whole boot, bonnet, transmission tunnel and floor of the car. It really does add a premium quality to the car :).

Deleted member 98136

Did my boot area floor/behind side panels/wheel arches/ under rear seat using "Silent Coat" sound deadening mats (used 20 in total) - then used "Cloud Nine" premium domestic underlay to cover boot floor area and under the rear seat, and behind boot area panels where possible.

Must admit its a pain to remove/replace the boot side panels, always thinking your gonna snap off the locating lugs, but thankfully all went well. Rear seat backs are a bit fiddly to remove, but a must if you wanna do as much of the rear wheel arches as possible.

All in all a good job, the downside is it has made me more aware of the noise now coming from the front area particularily the tyre/road surface noise. ( That's my next project )

I used "Cloud Nine" underlay as it's a foam based product and is extremely lightweight unlike some rubber/latex based underlays, which can be heavy.

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
I've had mine professionally done by the guys at noise kiler acoustic. They did the whole boot, bonnet, transmission tunnel and floor of the car. It really does add a premium quality to the car :).

How much does it cost to let the professionals do it? I would ruin it doing it myself...

tarpek

Nov 25, 2014
How much does it cost to let the professionals do it? I would ruin it doing it myself...
No you wouldn't... just buy plastic removing tools, clips and of course deadening material...
On this forum u have great tutorial from elsawin

Take your time and u will fell really great... I have done it for about 1.300 KN (about 123£) and one day from 09:00 till 20:00 with grill done for family and aftergrillsleep ;)

Last edited:

Michael1a1

Oct 22, 2015
Finally got round to sorting my doors out last night, and have to say the guide was a massive help! made the whole process a lot faster than it would have been doing it totally blind.

Used the same sound deadening material and i have to say the difference from before and after is almost night and day. Gone is the horrible rattle that i had from the passenger door if any song had the smallest amount of base in it, road noise seems much lower and the doors now have a very satisfying thud when closing!

Very happy with the results, now to get the rear door cards done the same!!

Once again thank you for posting your guide up with pictures :D

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Finally got round to sorting my doors out last night, and have to say the guide was a massive help! made the whole process a lot faster than it would have been doing it totally blind.

Used the same sound deadening material and i have to say the difference from before and after is almost night and day. Gone is the horrible rattle that i had from the passenger door if any song had the smallest amount of base in it, road noise seems much lower and the doors now have a very satisfying thud when closing!

Very happy with the results, now to get the rear door cards done the same!!

Once again thank you for posting your guide up with pictures :D

Did mine today and everything is as you have said night and day. Well worth doing if you fancy it. Thanks for the guide :)

SeanB

Feb 10, 2017
Great thread this is just what I needed after buying a leon and getting terrible rattles

SeanB

Feb 10, 2017
I also have a rattle on the dash near the drivers A pillar, anyone had any luck getting rid of that?

Kooper

Oct 25, 2016
Just a quick one guys, when removing the drivers door card be very careful as the leads are very short. Ideally you should reach unplug them from the door, I didn't and it pulled out my window switch. Had to book it into a stealer to get the new switch installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
From the firts example pics...
I am quite shocked that the big black flimsy plastic is not covered at all?!
That is the biggest single resonating panel on the whole front doors.

th_2A950C48-EDB3-45A2-8603-1C8DBF52E3C0_zps3bwdr4xx.jpg

Last edited:

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
Just booked my Cupra 280 ST in to Sextons in London to have a Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Kit installed throughout the car. They are going to do floor and doors with a bit of the roof (although I have panoramic roof!) It is going to cost £600 all in all and I hope should make a massive difference. The road noise on the motorway drives me crazy!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members