DMF Cluctch Kit?

EzK

Apr 10, 2016
I have a DMF currently (or as I was told by euro car parts) in my 55 1.9 TDI Stylance BKC

Apparently my flywheel is on its way out so I'm looking for a Clutch and Flywheel kit.

I saw eBay item number: 172093392551

It's advertised as a Dual Mass Replacement Flywheel inc clutch kit

The description states:
Dual Mass Replacement Flywheel Clutch Kit

This DMR Clutch Kit is a direct solid conversion for your Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF).

This DMR Clutch Kit contains the following:

Clutch Cover Assembly
Clutch Plate
Release Bearing
Solid Flywheel
Clutch Cover Bolts
Flywheel Bolts

And the seller says its compatible with my 1.9 MK2 BKC

It's £150, any reasons as to why it is so cheap? I don't plan to keep the car for too long either, I just want to replace the flywheel before it "damages my gearbox".

I was quoted labour from a few garages including MrTyre around £100-120 for the clutch and Flywheel

I've actually used the search here and found lots of threads on DMF and SMF's, why are they so bloody expensive compared to the one I plan to buy? I'm always reading prices ranging from £600-£1200 for a DMF, what's the catch?

As I'll reiterate again the car I will not be keeping for too long but need to address this flywheel issue since it's easier to fix it then to sell it and buy another car. (I'm lazy).

The actually issues in getting are a judder when pulling off from first gear, the engine doesn't sound normal either it makes a few noises when I press and depress the clutch, when I'm at idle, and just generally driving, doesn't have that "TDI" sound, sounds a bit rusty underneath. Had a Major service and Cambelt but that didn't help with any noises. Not to mention my Turbo is sirening but no loss of power or smoke, just a feint tapping noise when I switch off my engine. Don't know if the tapping is the turbo or the flywheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
You get what you pay for. I wouldnt put that in my car.

Buy a branded kit from a reputable supplier

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
That ebay clutch kit is a solid flywheel conversion and the price seems way too cheap.

Put your reg in on carparts4less, a LUK DMF is about £210

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
Cheap clucth kits off ebay ey. The seller named techniclutch (something like that) read his feed back then youll see why there so cheap. As said above for you're engine the luK kits are cheap enough

tinsleytdi

Dec 16, 2012
Hertfordshire
Don't!

I'd just reiterate what the last guys have said. Spending that little on a kit isn't a good idea, and to be honest I don't even see the point of getting a dual mass conversion (as that what it sounds like). Running a standard car I'd just get a decent DMF from Seat. Some garages are doing fixed priced servicing that might be something to look at!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise