do i get straight through de-cat or cat back ?

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
basically im getting pipecraft in basildon to make me up a custom exhuast on friday for my seat leon mk1 110 and i dont no wether to get straight through sstem with the de-cat or to just go from the cat back ?

ive heard Brad1's straight through on his 110 and was quite inpressed that it aint mega loud and i like the noise it makes - like a dump valve

but i dont no if im guna change my mind withing a week ?

what do you lot reckomend ?

thanks

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Get Straight through matey.

However I would go for a Miltek Turbo back exhaust it will be much better quality.

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
cheers dude , what would be the differnce apart from build quality ?
does miltek make much differnce to performance ?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Miltek system will be 2.5" all the way through where as the piperaft one will be 2.5 up to the cat so the downpipe will still be 2.25".

You will notice difference with both tbh.

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
arr ok cool , think i might stick with the cheaper option atm lol

can i fit a 2.5 miltek down pipe after tho ?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
awsome gti got a 25% off deal free fitting or free delivery

£422 full system resonated (decated) bit cheaper non res as no extra boxes ,

how much they quoted you , when i rang my locals up they wanted around the same price, one or 2 has since gone bust with the recession if id have bought one of theirs id be stuffed on warranty

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
bloody hell thats loads

pipecraft do a custom stainless system straight through with a tail pipe of your choice for £150 fited

brad1

haha, i like the way everyone is talking about my exhaust :p lol, glad you like it danny, ive got a miltek downpipe decat and then straight through, so 2.5" all the way through ;)

Carcrazy

Miltek Turbo back exhaust is advisable for you to have a quality standard of choice rather than other different options.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Sorry to sound pedantic but its MILLTEK and not miltek.

There is a company called miltek that deals with waste disposal/recycling (which Milltek does in an indirect way if you think about it). But this company deals with waste and recycling as we all know it:

miltek

I'm sure both company's get loads of wrong hits. Sales enquiries.....:blink:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members