Do I smooth or not????

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Just been having a play around using paint program ( so no digging as i do not have Photo shop, just using the Windows Paint program)

Anyhoo i took the badge off and smoothed the bumper, now thinking on doing it, what you all reckon, worth it.

Nurburgring2005029.jpg

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Grill looks good mate, not to sure about the smoothed bumper, would you not miss having the fog lights??

just an idea what about having vents on each side of the bumper smooted in a bit like the the ones in the attached photo but not just stuck on

mexicupra

Jul 5, 2005
was Cambridge now Mexico
i like it, but im not sure if i like it just cos it looks different or just because it looks good. but i think that i would agree with evo about the bumper, having it smoothed out could make it look like a shitty aftermarket bumper that forgot to cut the holes out for the fogs.
i def think that you should get your self some xenon head lights though, that would make it look a lot more agressive

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Actually yours looks ok with it as well, quickly ripped badge off, ripped number plate reces, and one side of your fogs to see what it looks like. Looks ok that

xenon6id.jpg

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
The "S" is alright but I def dont like the fogs not being there as it makes it look like a big plain space. Needs something there to break it up.

The removal of the number plate is nice but where do you put the plate then??

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
ms design i think and £350 less for the fund mate

What are the holes on the skirts? is this where they a secured to the car, so no chance the can be smoothed over.

how much is it lowered if at all? maybe just the skirts making it look lower

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
STOCKY said:
The "S" is alright but I def dont like the fogs not being there as it makes it look like a big plain space. Needs something there to break it up.

The removal of the number plate is nice but where do you put the plate then??

I agree, it looks ok corner on (as your red) but not full on (as black).

MrMischief

It looks quite good mate, understated ;)

I still think the centre grille should have horizontal slats though, to match the two on either side.

I'm away to play in photoshop with another idea I've just had to see if you can do something similar but also keep the fogs ;)

Steve

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
I didnt realise you could take the number plate "plate" off.... ive got a cut down number plate due to my private reg... What you reckon about mounting it ala alfa on the side, and taking the plate off?

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
DIFT said:
I didnt realise you could take the number plate "plate" off.... ive got a cut down number plate due to my private reg... What you reckon about mounting it ala alfa on the side, and taking the plate off?

Dont think you can? there is a plate type thing behind there. Ive done the same as yourself. Dont think it would work as its needs to be straight and with the curve of the bumpers you'd have to build it up behind

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members