Do I upgrade, is it worth it?

Mar 25, 2009
bath
I have tdi 130, remapped to 175 and 300 ft/lbs

I have a green panel filter and my clutch is starting to slip,

I've been given a quote for a sachs racing clutch, miltek downpipe and a custom remap totaling £1160.

Will I really notice anydifference going for the downpipe or do I save myself the £165 and not bother with the decat?

Clutch alone is about £780

Dom1988

Feb 2, 2010
Wakefield
I've got ther same problem, although my car is a Cupra Tdi and its standard apart from pipercross filter.

I like the sound of the £780 for a clutch, if thats fitted?

Are you replacing the dmf aswell? Usually recommended. If so have you thought about a smf instead? What your thought on them?

Are you just getting a downpipe? I was thinking whole system (turbo back)

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
if you can modify to get the power onto the road after it's done then ye...on the other hand there's a lot more money to spend to get this done properly

mine's like yours at the mo, apart from i've got standard filter, and i wheelspin to 3rd...imagine with even more power...

i'll probably get a standard clutch replacement when mine decides to go as i won't be doing any more power mods...but it's up to you at the end of the day

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2009
bath
Well tbh I am after more power more for 3rd gear upwards, that price was just for clutch as my car is on 70k and clutch only slips once in a blue moon so think it shud be ok

Mar 25, 2009
bath
Come on people I need your opinions, should I just do clutch and tween the map? I'm thinking bang for buck