Do these sound like symptoms of a blocked EGR valve

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Ok, cupra PD160. 55k on the clock.

I am finding i have a lot of smoke on full accleration. I have had a tweeked 130 in the past and know whats normal and i don;t think what i have is normal at all.

Also it can be very very laggy in 2nd gear say when you come on to a roundabout.

And i also think MPG is down as even if i try i can only get 46mpg average over a 60 mile journey ( mainly motorway)

So does the above sound like a blocked EGR valve. are there any guides on here to remove it and am i right in thinking the Allard EGR replacement pip is the way to go.

Any help greatly appreciated.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Ok, cupra PD160. 55k on the clock.

I am finding i have a lot of smoke on full accleration. I have had a tweeked 130 in the past and know whats normal and i don;t think what i have is normal at all.

Also it can be very very laggy in 2nd gear say when you come on to a roundabout.

And i also think MPG is down as even if i try i can only get 46mpg average over a 60 mile journey ( mainly motorway)

So does the above sound like a blocked EGR valve. are there any guides on here to remove it and am i right in thinking the Allard EGR replacement pip is the way to go.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I wouldnt say your problem is EGR related. EGR is only operational during partial throttle, not full throttle.

Extra smoke could mean a boost leak, which would relate to the laggyness and drop in MPG too.

Do you have VAG-COM?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
I wouldnt say your problem is EGR related. EGR is only operational during partial throttle, not full throttle.

Extra smoke could mean a boost leak, which would relate to the laggyness and drop in MPG too.

Do you have VAG-COM?

no not got it yet as sold my last vagcom cable. is there a block to check.

Its going to AMD on sunday for a rr day so will see how it performs and see what they say.

Gonna also get an Allard race pipe too

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.