Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Do you love or hate the soundaktor?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by silles, May 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cupra300Ross

I know it's a fake sound probably trying to mimic a V8 or a 5 Cylinder but it's a good noise, be deadly if I could replicate it on the Cupra. The Soundaktor units are relatively cheap from the scrappers so I might pick one up from a retired Golf R and see if it works

2. silles

silles Active Member

Not as fake as I thought this thing is:
    The Soundactor is a piezoelectric speaker. It's playing the actual engine sounds. -- read some sh!t on the internet, must be true :D

anyway, does anyone know the sound levels of the sound aktor in Normal/Sport/Cupra, Like 0%, 50% and 100% ?

Basically If I wanted Cupra mode to sound as Sport mode than what value i'd need in Carista?

3. motty225

motty225 B9 S4

Some work like that but not this one, it's obvious to see as when it's in comfort the actual engine sounds nothing like the sound actuator, it's just a pad that vibrates against the shell of the car giving off a noise

4. queen

queen ~Nassia~

I thought I'd hate it but tbh I like it, it makes the car sound like a 2.5L or a small V6.

5. Mr Mustard

Mr Mustard Active Member

Disliked it in the Cupra 280, was just added noise - but loved it in the 1.8 tsi, completely different kind of sporty 'wail'sound.

Our new 2.0 tsi FR has no soundaktor and with the petrol particular filter sounds too muffled & soul-less.

6. GordonMcC

GordonMcC Active Member

I like it in the Cupra. makes you feel like your on it more. Subaru-esque

7. silles

silles Active Member

I agree in Cupra mode is too much, it's OK in sport mode. it's actually enhances the engine sound at lower RPMs

8. Zer0

Zer0 Active Member

My first mod was disabling it with Carista so no, don't like it.

9. LR231998

LR231998 Alor Blue 290 Cupra

I have turned it off, on, off, on, off now it’s on again. I had it off when I had a res delete as it was too much but now I have the res back in as it was too loud - I have turned it back on again, brings back the memories of driving home when I first picked up the car! But I do agree it’s too much in Cupra mode. You can turn it down on carista, maybe 60% would be a good medium.

10. Scotty

Scotty Active Member

Turned off and staying off