Dodgy Dyno Reading HYBRID TURBO???

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
Hey Guys

Well as I mentioned I had my car Dyno proved today, one of the things that made me think today was my low bhp figures my car was giving out, 182hp, it's been remapped.

When it was Dyno Run this morning Peter (RS Tuning Leeds) looked confused as he asked if it had an upgraded turbo on it I sed no it's standard as I thought it was removed. The previous owner had mentioned putting a Hybrid turbo on it but I thought he had taken it off as he took off a lot of things before he sold it and the turbo I thought was one of them.

I contacted him today via Facebook and asked him about the Turbo & he was 1000% sure he left the turbo he just removed the Exhaust and alloys.

To say that my car had an upgraded Turbo from standard Garrett to a Hybrid surely my car should be giving out more power then 182hp

Thoughts?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Only if it has the map to go with it. A diesel makes it power through extra fuel. Without it you won't get decent power.

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
Only if it has the map to go with it. A diesel makes it power through extra fuel. Without it you won't get decent power.

Hi Dan

You seem to be the only one replying to my posts :p

Can you see my confusion with figures, it was mapped & Dyno tested with figures of 198 bhp & 326ft lbs but since that run it's had a straight exhaust, SFS pancake pipe, deleted Egr, Hybrid turbo fitted which I wasn't 100% aware of but the BHP is down but Torque is up.

I personally think the Dyno reading can't be 100% right was it should have more power no less, do u not agree?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
If the 198 was on the standard turbo, then forget that Dyno printout.

So no, i dont agree, the key thing of all the mods you have fitted is the mapping, which you have not had done since all the mods. Your Hybrid is running on a standard PD150 mapping, and unless your original map was calibrated for much higher airflow and fuelling, the mapping is your limitation.

Take it to a decent diesel tuner and get them to perform a full health check on the car before custom mapping it. Stop chasing exact figure and just look at gains - Dynos are a complete lottery

dannyboi91

Jun 23, 2014
Scotland, Fife
As far as I am aware every single mod you do it has to be followed with a map to get the correct gains. That is why it is better to do all the other mods before you get the car mapped but seems that a lot of people just go for the map as it is the biggest gains but when it comes to fitting other mods they do not get the benefit of them.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.