dodgy start, battery?

justjoe

hello!

In the past few weeks, my ibiza has had real dodgy start up. I originially put it down to the cold weather, as my old 106 used to do the same. But its not been too chilly recently...

When i go to start it up, it sound as if the battery is struggling to turn the motor over?

The car runs fine and starts fine in the afternoons after ive left it all day at college.

Anyone else had this trouble?

Does it sound like i need a new battery?

Cars a 04 1.4s ibiza, only done 34k! :(

-Joe

justjoe

too slow! booked her in at the garage for a week today, ill just have to keep topping the battery up in the meanwhile.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Be prepared for a nice bill. :D VW charged me £101 for a battery on my Polo. It was only £76 for the battery and £25 to fit it, cheeky sods. :cry:

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Sure was.
It went in for a wishbone but they ordered the wrong part so it had to stay overnight.
I get a call saying they had to boost the battery to start it but could fit a new one straight away. I asked how much and the girl said around £65 for the battery. Well it had been turning over slower and i was in for a bill of around £200 anyway so i said go ahead.

Got the bill and vat and fitting added :cry:

justjoe

riiight, i checked it with a voltmeter, 12 when off and 14 when on... pretty normal.

So took it to the garage, they replaced the battery!

You where pretty spot on with the prices too, £60 for a new battery, £25 labour, plus vat! booooooo.

ill have to wait till tomorow morning to see if its actually improved...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise