Does the 2.0 TDI have a cambelt?

Scott_FR

Aug 29, 2016
Can't find anywhere in the paperwork whether or not the 2.0TDI engine has a cambelt or is chain driven.

Can anyone please confirm? And if it is cambelt, what are the intervals?

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Yeah it does and I'm sure it's 3 years or 60k miles which ever first

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Scott_FR

Aug 29, 2016
Great, thanks for the heads up. Best get onto it asap then!

Are there any ancillaries that should be changed at the same time, eg: water pump, thermostat, tensioners, etc?

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
There's no rules as such but when I had my tdi I got the water pump changed the same time as a recommendation from the garrage. I took there advice and all was well..other than my wallet. Lol

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
It might have changed when I had my ibiza tdi 143 it was 3 years or 60k I'm sure. Might be worth giving the dealer a bell see what they say?

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
as taken from the website

Most SEAT engines are fitted with a cambelt. Your cambelt works very hard to drive vital engine components over hundreds of millions of revolutions and so is recommended for change every 5 years or a mileage interval if sooner.

Its 5 years not 3

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
"Most SEAT engines are fitted with a cambelt. Your cambelt works very hard to drive vital engine components over hundreds of millions of revolutions and so is recommended for change every 5 years or a mileage interval if sooner."
Does it? Work hard I mean? Well I never . Who'd have thought it? Puts all the other lazy bits in the engine to shame.
What a fkn condescending statement.

Last edited:

Scott_FR

Aug 29, 2016
Ok, facts have been checked....

The cambelt interval on the 2.0TDI is a remarkable 140,000 miles or 60 months!

Panic over.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.