Does the traction control light flash for minor corrections?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've searched and read many threads. And the long and short seems to be my problem could be any number of things. But I want to eliminate a few.

It started a few days back. I was accelerating in 2nd gradually applying power (hit about 4000rpm). When I just seemed to lose power (revs dropped down to about 1000). . But it immediately started gaining gradually again.

Then 2 days ago. Same. I was in second. Building power quite rapidly yet smoothly. Hit 4200ish and the car threw me forward in the seat as the revs instantly dropped off.

Today I've been trying to reproduce it. In 2nd putting the power down I'm getting minor hesitations. But no t/c light is coming on. Although if I put the power down hard it flickers and I can feel it. I don't get it in any other gear than 2nd.

Is it possible I hit a patch of slippery road to do this? Would the traction control light flicker for minor corrections? Also, could the lowering springs, antilift, antiroll bars be confusing the traction control?

andiChristianse

Aug 10, 2014
Denmark
My cupra hesitates if the tc is on and I floor it, as soon as it tries to spin the wheels the abs and engine cuts out, but when there is traction again the power is delivered to the wheels without hesitation! It is especially annoying in wet conditions..

And yes the tc light flickers every time the abs senses a wheel spin on either both or one of the wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members