DOLBY's LCR...AKS Tuning Forged 14/07/2013.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
my mate thought it would be funny to put a least 25 sticky labels all over my car windows the other day, and due to sub zero temperatures the glue had bonded...VERY VERY WELL!...

after scrubbing the labels with a non abrasive sponge to absolutely no avail, i thought i would check my 'friend' and his progress and i was shocked that he was scrubbing the window as if his life depended on it!!...my window was scratched to fook..he phoned his stepdad and if anyone else has this done to them, use PETROL it works a treat..

phoned up SEAT, the windows are £40 each (2 of) but labour is.....£280 WTF??
autoglass quoted £280 all in, so will have to get these done also....

21122008242.jpg

a real shitty pic, but you can defo see all the scratches, (look along my arm)..the other window the same...

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
makes more sense :) mine is savage since mapping lol! what sort of torque figure are you getting out of interest? and what initial boost spike?

when it was first mapped it was 265 lbs ft, after the RR at AmD in july it was only pulling 258 lbs ft i think.

mind you it was a fookin hot day and it was due a service...(must really put both RR printouts on here)

boost spike 1.5bar...

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
when it was first mapped it was 265 lbs ft, after the RR at AmD in july it was only pulling 258 lbs ft i think.

mind you it was a fookin hot day and it was due a service...(must really put both RR printouts on here)

cheers for that - think mine is producing too much torque due to a big boost spike at low revs..

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
friends are great like that sometimes hey dolby, i remember back at chef's college years ago and three of us started playin pranks like this on each others cars, it started with eggs, then went on to flour and new potatoes up exhaust pipe's, it all got out of hand when somebody put olive oil over someones window wipers, (me guvner...no!!!) funny looking back now though, us boy's will be boy's!

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
friends are great like that sometimes hey dolby, i remember back at chef's college years ago and three of us started playin pranks like this on each others cars, it started with eggs, then went on to flour and new potatoes up exhaust pipe's, it all got out of hand when somebody put olive oil over someones window wipers, (me guvner...no!!!) funny looking back now though, us boy's will be boy's!

hahah, ive learnt the hard way...do practical jokes, but not with our cars.....:lol::lol:

forgot to add i did the very same thing to his a week before, but it was a warmer day so the glue peeled right off!!:cry:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
hahah, ive learnt the hard way...do practical jokes, but not with our cars.....:lol::lol:

forgot to add i did the very same thing to his a week before, but it was a warmer day so the glue peeled right off!!:cry:
If this is on your windows on the glass but a brand new stanley blade will scrape it off. Watch for burrs on the blade but if its flat it will handle it no bother

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
this car looks absolutely great.

I love the work you did under the bonnet.
But how did you get your throttle and charge pipe to shine that much. Looks like its been chromed...?

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
If this is on your windows on the glass but a brand new stanley blade will scrape it off. Watch for burrs on the blade but if its flat it will handle it no bother

first i tried the old wives tale of toothpaste. tbh it looked a bit better, but 'i' will still know it is there and im a perfectionist so the windows will be replaced. when its raining the water seems to 'run' around the area i had scrubbed with toothpaste :lol:

how did you get your throttle and charge pipe to shine that much. Looks like its been chromed...?

charger pipe was polished, and inlet was defo chromed. i looked at pics of a polished inlet and it didnt fit my requirements, it looked dull...so i blinged it...

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
ok a leopard never loses his spots, and i never lose my love for shiny things..lol.
to go with my lovely polished custom rear strut brace, i have bought myself a lovely shiny addition for the lovely LCR......

RS-200.jpg

also a boot net to hold the huge amount of cleaning gear ive purchased...see below..

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
ok ok i have had enough of my car looking absolutely filthy, i usually use autoglym and meguiars stuff, but no not this time...my car will be CLEEN!!

just ordered these babies from prestige polish who have fabulous customer service, ordered them at 4.45pm and delivered 9am sharp... now i have no excuse from now on...cost me a small fortune lol

1220562274BilberrySafeWheelCleaner.jpg

1220559304PoorboysWheelSealant.jpg

1220558668PoorboysTrimRestorer.jpg

1220557798MeguiarsnxtGenerationAllM.jpg

1220559456MeguiarsSoftFoamapplicato.jpg

1220557721MeguiarsnxtGenerationGlas.jpg

1220562215303WiperTreatment.jpg

carry-bag_1208206322_1208988345.jpg

1220558094MeguiarsMicrofibreWashMit.jpg

and loads and loads of cloths...

Last edited:

JasKandola1

Crime Does Pay..!!
Dec 9, 2008
Derby
I have to say i really do like your car, I wasnt too keen on silver but, it looks so nice and clean, engine looks mint, and bodywork immaculate, good job mate:clap:

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
my mate thought it would be funny to put a least 25 sticky labels all over my car windows the other day, and due to sub zero temperatures the glue had bonded...VERY VERY WELL!...

after scrubbing the labels with a non abrasive sponge to absolutely no avail, i thought i would check my 'friend' and his progress and i was shocked that he was scrubbing the window as if his life depended on it!!...my window was scratched to fook..he phoned his stepdad and if anyone else has this done to them, use PETROL it works a treat..

phoned up SEAT, the windows are £40 each (2 of) but labour is.....£280 WTF??
autoglass quoted £280 all in, so will have to get these done also....

21122008242.jpg

a real shitty pic, but you can defo see all the scratches, (look along my arm)..the other window the same...

smash it and claim, only £50 then.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeah silver is amazing, i had 3 silvers cars before this burnt orange, and its like it gets dirty driving away from my house (after a wash lol)

Seat Mike

love the look of you car, was wondering if it was hard to fit the gauges?? and how do you fit the pod??