DOLBY's LCR...AKS Tuning Forged 14/07/2013.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
love the look of you car, was wondering if it was hard to fit the gauges?? and how do you fit the pod??

tbh mike, i didnt fit them myself, i let greig from totalVAG fit them.
cos the gauges are designed for a jap car the senders have to be modified to fit a VAG engine.

i was going to have a go, but speaking with greig it was easy but awkward. the pod is attached with one screw, which if im honest stands out like a sore thumb. the old one is held by clips which come straight off. im sure there is velcro underneath the nomad pod, but this is no way strong enough hense the screw.

Last edited:

Seat Mike

oh ryt thanks for that, ill get someone to fit mine then when i come around to getting them!! lol

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Lovely motor, Also own a silver one of the same age.

One question though i have is about the aero blades looking into some for mine and the guide on here: http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=519&Itemid=6

shows both blades as the same part number and not only that my mate at wv says they are wrong..

did you use these?

sos bud, yeh they are like my ones, but for some reason i dont have part numbers. got mine at tts in bedford. as you can see you have to modify the nearside wiper cos it overhangs a little bit.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
i relaquered my R badges cos i was bored..

20022009298.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
SUSPENSION

ok so it was a long time coming, but i thought i would splash out on some decent coilovers which were fitted by amd. I opted for the KW variant 3, just because of various recommendations from other people.

KW20Pics20036.jpg

damping and rebound alan keys
20022009300.jpg

lowering tools
22022009303.jpg

i am in the process of doing a big review of the coilovers over different types of roads, sharp corners, long sweeping bends etc...so watch out for that.

for the time being all i can say is the ride quality is 10 times better than standard. i think she is 25mm lower which is fine for me... they are set on half and half, but i may adjust the front to be a bit firmer because the car feels like its bouncing alot. motorway driving is very comfy, but the only downside i can see at the moment is mild understeer and steering doesnt seem as direct. maybe firming up the compression and rebound will combat this..

Last edited:

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
that looks awesome bret;) glad to see you haven't gone too low either, i think alot of people make their wheels look smaller by going too low. spot on mate:drool:
have you noticed your catching your splitter alot more now?

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
that looks awesome bret;) glad to see you haven't gone too low either, i think alot of people make their wheels look smaller by going too low. spot on mate:drool:
have you noticed your catching your splitter alot more now?

yeh cheers mate, i just wanted the wheels to fill the arches up but in keeping with the thread title 'more subtle the better'....the car looks much much better now and drives sooo smooth, only downside at the moment is the slightly pogo'y ride. i think i will defo firm up the front end.
on the subject of the front splitter, i have had no problems at the moment, but as you can see the car isnt slammed like some peoples. i wanted to slam mine but the car is a daily so it had to be drivable. im sure when i least expect it the splitter or sump guard will be cracked on something....:cry: