DOLBY's LCR...AKS Tuning Forged 14/07/2013.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
My initial aim with this car is too make it the best it can be, looks, engine, handling etc. without compromising everyday usability. I have no interest in making my car stand out too much, preferring the more subtle 'less is more approach'. It has recently been treated to the latest Revo stage 2 linear code. I love it, feels so aggressive. Will shortly be getting new rods and piston rings etc etc for a engine rebuild and i cannot wait. I want the car to appear standard and unmodified. I dont want to ruin what is a very good looking, classy car.

AS IT STOOD IN 2012/13. CURRENT PICS TO FOLLOW

Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

40049_415891748820_708868820_4711370_5142299_n.jpg

009-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

ENGINE:

R-Tech custom Stage 2+.
Devils Own WMI .
550CC injectors.
Creation Motorsport 19mm baffled catch can.
Relentless V3 tubular exhaust manifold.
CobraSport 3" downpipe & Decat.
CobraSport 3" non resonated/non baffled Cat Back.

INA connecting Rod Package:
- DM Forged 144|25|20-S Connecting rods & ARP 2000 Bolts.
- Elring 82mm max bore head gasket.
- Gates Performance timing belt/Manual Tensioner.
- OEM replacement head bolts.
- KS connecting rod bearings.
- Victor Reinz oil pan silicone paste.
- (2) MANN W719/30 Oil Filters.
- (13) Exhaust manifold nuts.
- INA Phenolic Insulator Gasket.
- Piston Rings.
- Bores Honed.

Relentless heat shield.
BMC TwinCone 80mm filter.
Badger5 heatshield.
N249 bypass.
NGK IX BKR7EIX Iridium spark plugs.
Forge red throttle body hose.
Forge red Charge pipe hose.
Badger5 V2.2 turbo intake pipe.
Forge 007p diverter valve.
Aluminium billet injector cups.

ENGINE MAINTENANCE HISTORY:
Cambelt & waterpump X4.
Oil breather pipe & sump clean.
Fuel pump (didn't fail, just preventative maintenance)
Gearbox flush and fresh oil.
Carbon Clean.
Fully Synthetic oil every 6 months or 2k.
Dipstick replacement (Brittle & crumbled).
Brake servo pipe perished (replaced).
Battery X4
Coilpack X4 (working, preventative maintenance).
MAF.
Nearside windows X2.
Throttle body clean every 4k.
Replacement door seals all round.
Scuttle panel .
Rear wheel bearings.
New front headlight assembly X2.
Front control arms X2 .
Replacement Cobra exhaust due to baffles.
Brake calipers repainted and refurbed/rebuilt.

ENGINE COSMETIC:
ECS Carbon Fibre Engine Cover.
Polished/gloss black Inlet Manifold.
Gloss black rocker cover.
Polished Charge Pipe.
Polished inlet manifold cover.
Polished Coilpack cover.
Gloss black throttle body.
Polished fuel rail.
Porsche Oil Cap.
Porsche Coolant Cap
SEAT Strut tops.
Creation Motorsport full PCV upgrade in red.
Creation Motorsport N75 and DV upgrade.
Creation Motorsport Carbon canister upgrade.
Creation Motorsport Servo pipe upgrade .

HANDLING:
KW Variant 3 Coilovers.
Hughes Engineering rear strut brace.
S3 Front strut brace.
R32 front ARB with SuperPro bushes.
D1 Spec forged black front 20mm spacers.
Direnza forged black rear 25mm spacers.
Forge short shift (L/R & F/R).

SuperPro Polybushes:
Front Control Arm, front bush kit.
Front Control Arm, rear bush kit.
Lower engine steady, front bush kit.
Lower engine steady, rear bush kit.
Dogbone Mount Bush Kit.
Rear Axle Pivot Bush Kit.
Front Anti-Roll Bar to Chassis bush kit.
Steering Rack Mount Bush Kit).

COOLING:
Toyosport 600x300x76mm big intercooler.
Black 3" CAF with trumpet ends fitted to bumper.
2x red elbow hose 90 degree 63mm.
2x red elbow 45 degree bended hose 63mm.
2x alloy elbow bended 45 degree 63mm.
2x black silicone reducers 63-76mm.
12x Murray Corp's Turbo constant tension clamps, size 36 (50-73 mm).
1x alloy hose joiner 63mm length 200mm.
4x Murray Corp's Turbo constant tension clamps, size 44 (64-86mm).

BRAKES:
VBT VagBremTechnic 343mm X 28mm floating discs.
VBT VagBremTechnic brackets X2.
Motul RBF 600 brake fluid
ECS Tuning 306mm X 22mm rear 2 piece discs.
Ferodo DS2500 front and rear pads.
HEL Braided Lines Front & Rear.
Brembos refurbed Porsche red (BCS Automotive).

LIGHTING:
6000k bulbs. Hids removed.
Full LED interior lights.
LED side repeaters.
White Side Lights
Fogs Removed.

WHEELS & TYRES:
Standard Alloys Refurbed Hyper Bright Silver (Range Rover Spec).
Genuine SEAT centre caps OEM.
Bridgestone Potenza S001 x4

INTERIOR:
Corbeau RRS Sportline reclining seats.
Corbeau subframes & sliders.
Custom R8 flat bottom steering wheel.
DEFI BF 60mm Boost gauge red.
DEFI BF 60mm Oil Temperature gauge red.
Nomad 60mm twin pod.
DEFI RACER 52mm Oil Pressure gauge in red.
DEFI RACER 52mm Volts gauge in red.
DEFI LINK METER.
Custom deep pile floor mats in black.
Custom rear boot carpet with boot tray.

EXTERIOR:
Full Aero Wipers including arms.
Maxton Design front splitter gloss black.
Maxton Design rear lip spoiler gloss black.
Rear tinted windows.
B pillars wrapped gloss black.
Wind mirrors wrapped gloss black.
Fabia Rear Wiper.
CUPRA Badge.

The car had 3300 miles on the clock when i brought it in St.Albans. It was a tough descision choosing this one over the platinum i had my heart set on. The platinum had 6600 miles on the same 55 plate so it was a no brainer in the end. After months and months of researching the car, reliability etc i agreed to sign the cheque, and this was one of the best things i have ever done.

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
REMAP.

I then had the car remapped by Custom Code at JBS a year later. At this point i upgraded a few things at the same time. It went straight on the RR and made 273.8 BHP. I have the printout which i will eventually put on here. Anyways it is all numbers, im more impressed with how it drove almost straight away. Because i went up to JBS in Chesterfield to get the mapping done, it gave me a good opportunity to flex its muscles on the motorway. First of all i noticed it wanted to rev and rev and rev with a little more torquesteer which caught me by suprise i can tell you!!. However with Custom Code it is when you hit 3000 rpm in 3rd onwards where you will feel the most benefit. An extra 40 lbs ft from here on in.....i realize this torque figure is fairly low compared to other maps but it is sustained all the way to the red line in every gear!!..the engine seems more noisy now when sitting at 90, whereas before the map was as civilized as you like. Im sure this is down to Custom Code making the 6th gear less of a cruising gear but more of an overtaking gear....

On the day of the map, i left it in James' capable hands while i went for a wander round. Some 6 hours later he hadnt finished, (much to the complete disgust of my former girlfriend at the time lol). Now this wasnt down to bad service, on the contrary infact. It was James' perfection streak taking over i suppose. I was asked if the car was due a service to which i replied no, i was then told that they were very pleased with how the car was performing, and whatever i was doing to it was certainely helping it. ***, this cheered me up, and this would explain why JBS had taken the extra time to try and get the very best they could out of a ph1 map...Its worth noting JBS didnt charge me for the RR...

I had the DV changed for the Forge 007P item,
Forge upper and lower hoses including the TIP,
Powerflex dog bone bush.
Green cotton filter

Standard Engine (From Red Car lol)

enginebaypic.jpg

My Engine Now...(i have the BMC CDA now)

27062008071.jpg

27062008072.jpg

oct001.jpg

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
N249 BYPASS.

After doing this on the recommendation of a reputable garage i was told it should make the gear changes more crisper and accurate, plus i may get a bit extra throttle response due to the tubing that bypasses the N249 will create less restriction as it has less to do. Needless to say they were right as the car drives alot smoother now.

17082008126.jpg

BONNET SEAL AND DE SOUNDPROOFING.

This is the ultimate basic mod, but i thought i would add everything that i can do do the car, however big or small. Can hear engine more now, and cutting the soundproofing out has reduced heatsoak slightly, which can only be beneficial. The bonnet seal helps save all the clean chrome i have in the engine bay, as i dont want to be cleaning this too often cos cleaning polished things is a beeatch!
17082008125.jpg

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
DEFI BF link meter gauges.

Been after these gauges for a while as a forum member had the same ones...They are very nice indeed. The 3rd picture is the Link Meter which is the whole brains of the product. I can set peak warnings, danger beep warnings, 3 minute playback and it allows me to link up to 7 different gauges of the meter instead of millions of wires everywhere.
It took me a while of shopping around for these gauges as most places were quoting me in the region of £380 supply only. Thought i would get on the phone to R TEC for a quote as a last resort as i thought they would of been one of the most expensive. The quote was for £310 supply. The next as they say is history.

Was going to fit it myself, but only having a limited amount of technical knowledge and NO patience at all i let the guys at totalVAG fit them for me. They also caried out my service too. Due to the advice of a jap car fan (my mate) he warned me that the sensors will all be set up for jap cars so they would need modifying. Good job Greig and the boys have more patience than me.

25102008216.jpg

24102008215.jpg

28102008221-1.jpg

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
HIDS and side lights.

I knew the standard lighting on the LCR was bad and it was only a matter of time before they were all upgraded. The HIDS are H7 6000K from HIDS4Ubut the last time looked,i dont think they do my ones anymore. Mine cost £99 supply which i found to be expensive but they do look very very good. The place that fitted the HIDS were TTSroadsport they only charged me 1 hour fitting which was £60.
The side lights are quite special too, and the pics dont do them justice. At the time i had my headlight lens covers on so you cant see just how bright they are..They are very good. These ones i brought SIDELIGHTS

I havent got the pics on here but i upgraded the full beam lights too, but tbh i wasnt that impresed with the extra light they gave. At least they will outlive the car now lol..

25072008091-1.jpg

25072008090-1.jpg

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
SPACERS.

i was determined to do all my suspension and chassis mods in one go, but the car was crying out for these, so they were brought as soon as possible. Will have a suspension post fairly soon because im planning a complete overhaul of it...

I realized the rear of the car was very light if i was travelling at speed, and travelling around wet roundabouts etc, which led me to invest in some spacers. Was going to opt for the 20mm width but realized it may of looked out of place so i drew the best compromise which are 15mm. I also bought Mcguard locking wheel nuts with longer bolts. Purchased them from TTSroadsport they are H & R Hubcentric ones.

25072008088.jpg

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
WHEELS & TYRES.

Wheels done by perfect paint in Milton Keynes. The qoute came to £330 all in, but they got the finish colour wrong so it had to be re done at a cost of £180 to me....Iam stoked with them now, but at the time it was a nightmare. Had the hammerite applied too as i was sick of all the rust building up around the hubs.

Tyres are Falken 452s. They are the best tyre for the price out at the moment. Was looking at upgrading but i have lost count of the amount of punctures i have had this year.
Try event tyres great service and only £75 ish each tyre.

27062008069.jpg

27062008070.jpg

I also took a few hours doing a minor detail to the paintwork aswell..(sorry not great pics)

27062008080.jpg

27062008077-1.jpg

27062008076.jpg

Some photos on the move...(yep she needs lowering i know...lol)

meonthemove3.jpg

meonthemove2.jpg

Last edited:

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
looking good mate. what is the control panel you've mounted in the cubby hole below the light switches?

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
looking good mate. what is the control panel you've mounted in the cubby hole below the light switches?

thanks mate,
that is the link meter for the gauges. it allows for 3 minute playback, peak settings, warning settings. it is also very convieniant incase i wanna get more gauges...i.e they will be linked off this meter instead of horrible wires everwhere...

cupra-r-mark

at first i wasnt a fan of these in silver however your car looks awesome :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.