Done N249 and now getting faults!

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Did the n249 bypass last week and Im mow getting code 17536 or P1128 which is bank 1 fuel lean. Have followed the guide exactly with the pipes all going to the right places.

Is this the fault that has come up with the n249 bypass for some people or is that different?

Anybody know how to resolve this without putting the n249 back as it was?

Any ideas please people!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I dont get how people can **** this up, theres so much info on it its unreal.

And fyi, lean tends to mean a vac leak or stuffed maf.

Barry.L

May 11, 2006
Reading
is the 249 still electrically connected? if not then you'll get faults, as you need to use resistors to trick the ecu if you want to get rid of it all together.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
I have NOT f****d this up! All pipes go exactly where they should do!
It has been said that some people have had a fault when they do this so my car is obviously one of them. Problem is nobody has said what fault it has brought up exactly or if there is any way to get rid of the fault and keep the n249 bypassed.

For the first time thi morning when I got in and started the engine it had a rough idle so decided to leave it and walk. Coil pack?

Vac leak could be that Iv screwed something up I suppose but me and a mate did the bypass and we both think its done right from looking at the guide and other peoples pics. MAF is also another option I suppose but from reading on here the pre cat lambda sensor is also a possible problem. However that would just be one hell of a coincidence that one of them goes the day I do the n249 bypass.

Help!!!

Barry.L

May 11, 2006
Reading
sounds like it could be a number of things. if you can post pics of your engine with it done then that would be a great help in seeing if anythings connected wrong.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise