Donington Park BTCC Infield Parking - Sun July 15th 2007

Rog.

...is unwell
Jul 19, 2006
Location Location
Thanks to all on the forum for organising this - great parking spot. Sorry I didn't get out to chat to many people, but once I was on my chair under my umbrella, with burger, donuts and coffee I stayed put...
Who stayed right to the bitter end? We left after the Porsches (good race, 3rd and 4th cars put each other off in a big way on the last lap) and there was one yellow Leon left.
Rog.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
I would just like to add how disappointed I was, that a small minority of what i can only describe as the Hooligan element of Seat Ownership, felt it necessary to laugh and point everytime some unsuspecting member of the public fell over into the mud.

To the lady who slipped over carrying a hot baked potatoe - How unlucky was it that you 1st slipped over, and 2nd, you let go of the hot potatoe which flew up in the air with the greatest of ease, only for it to land on your head whilst you were on the floor. YOU FELL OVER.......

To the younger generation who felt they were more sure footed, only to end up munching mud. YOU FELL OVER......

Its not big and its not clever to laugh.:whistle:

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
i think a few left after the last btcc race, i know i did but i got soaked to the skin so really wasn't in the mood to hang around tbh

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
Phil...you were the main trouble causer as ever...tho im pretty sure watching people fall over was in competition with the racing itself at some times!

and the U FELL OVER...really embarrased that girl...so so funny!! haha

We opted to leave just before the last BTCC race, was anyone else a little cautious about that lake that had formed before the tunnel?! flippin' eck...thought we were gonna have to start bailing out!

great day, despite the weather...didnt get many pics coz of the constant rain (I say constent...but it appeared to just pour down during the BTCC races!)

JK

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Great day out shame about the parking getting hijacked by camera bods:(

The best £15 i have ever spent was on the seat sport brolly!!!:D although by the end of the day the only way i could have got any wetter was to p*ss myself:cartman:

Great to see so many new faces old and new:)

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Me and my mate stayed to the bitter end. Did a bit of rallying through the lake by the tunnel and then parked up on the grass bank. Was so pleased we did as we saw the number 20 Porsche hit the tyre wall at about 100mph sideways! Jesus he hit that hard! Watched the single seaters then got back. We seemed to be the only ones left by then.

Least i got a good momento of the day, a twisted front left wing from number 20, go with my McCrae spotlight from Welsh WRCC

Last edited:

daljomo

my wife, I WISH !!!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2004
barton on humber north linc`s
Thanks to all on the forum for organising this - great parking spot. Sorry I didn't get out to chat to many people, but once I was on my chair under my umbrella, with burger, donuts and coffee I stayed put...
Who stayed right to the bitter end? We left after the Porsches (good race, 3rd and 4th cars put each other off in a big way on the last lap) and there was one yellow Leon left.
Rog.

That was me i was the last one away i was parked next to you,i think there was only me you and zboyd who stayed the longest, it faired up for the last btcc race so we decided to stop till the end and left just after half six, straight out no traffic at all and no rain on the way home either.
great to meet up with a few people ive met before and a few new faces to,shame we lost some of the car parking space but me and the kids still had a great day out and a spot on day for Plato.
BIG thanks to all concerned for organizing the parking and glad to meet you all again just a shame about the weather.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Stayed till the end of the Porsche race, just moved out towards Coppice end of the circuit. But we left immediately after that race as my 10yo niece was tired, she'd been up since 5.30am.

She stayed wide awake all day loved every minute of it taking pics. But as she was weary we decided to head home.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
There were some lovely mk1 Leons, FR/Cupra etc. Nice enough in fact it has convinced my mate to get a mk1 fr 150 as his next car. Good job the wet ground didnt give way behind all the Leons on top of that hill, it was along way down!!.

Special thanks to the woman in the dougnut wagon who put her wheely bin behind my car as i reversed in.

daljomo

my wife, I WISH !!!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2004
barton on humber north linc`s
I headed home after a few laps of the Porka race, as the track had dried out and was looking like a boring race.... guess I was wrong !!! ;)

Cheers to Z for keeping me company whilst the rest of you lot buggered off home!

i was still there me and the kids was propping the gate up the the very last race you should have come over for a natter:p

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Well what a day out that turned to be. Great results for JP, and as the mini-briefs so eloquently put it " the Vauxhalls were such like LOSEEEEERS!!!!" :)
Thanks to all the usual suspects. Despite the rain we mostly had a good time including entertaining chats with Robb Huff and Tiff (if you can't beat them join them) Needell. :shrug:

Maybe next year we should just park the new bright yellow SCN motorhome in front of the hospitality suites! In the mean time give generously to Empi5's "I need a bigger pole" campaign. All suggestions,website links or cash gratefully received I should imagine ;)

See you all at Brands:wave:

Last edited:

Bassedout

Back to Blue with a Turbo
Feb 27, 2005
North Wales
lol, That vid summed it up very well.
The gazeebos help a 'little' bit even though we nearly lost one or two during heavy wind and rain.
We left just after the last btcc race. I was soaked and little Jay was tierd, fell to sleep even before we left the circuit. Fair play tho he does love the racing, especially when we saw a few sideways moments....

All I can remember from tiff - "Is that A seat winning" and "i'm a vip"
At least he was laughing about the whole thing

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.