Donington Park BTCC Infield Parking - Sun July 15th 2007

nibbles

And Impreza
I would just like to add how disappointed I was, that a small minority of what i can only describe as the Hooligan element of Seat Ownership, felt it necessary to laugh and point everytime some unsuspecting member of the public fell over into the mud.

To the lady who slipped over carrying a hot baked potatoe - How unlucky was it that you 1st slipped over, and 2nd, you let go of the hot potatoe which flew up in the air with the greatest of ease, only for it to land on your head whilst you were on the floor. YOU FELL OVER.......

To the younger generation who felt they were more sure footed, only to end up munching mud. YOU FELL OVER......

Its not big and its not clever to laugh.:whistle:

If my memory serves me correct it was you that said this the loudest Phil :whistle:

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
I got the SCN area late so i decided to move my car to the corner at the other end of the field so we could sit in the car in the dry while watching the cars :) Until some ***** in his L200 decided to park next to us and block half our view.

Got a bit slippy at one point going uphill in the grassy bit of the car park as we drove around to find a place - my car was sat idling in first and the wheels were still spinning - a marshal came over to tell me off for spinning my wheels until he realised he couldnt hear any revving of the car!

Last edited:

Brummy_Leon

Thanks for organising the parking and making everyone feel welcome, was a good day despite the rain :) Plato showed just how big his 'bag-of-talent' is, excellent driving!

HarryKatinnen

Ta!

Just to echo everybody elses sentiments and say thanks for a fab day. We arrived late and parking was full (although one of you kind souls did attempt to guide me into a spot but it was a little to close to donut stand for my liking so ended up parking down at the hospitality units at Craner Curves).

We did wander up a few times but most people out and about so will hopefully meet you next time. We left after the Formula BMW race so missed the Porches. Got some good photos of BTCC so will post when I get a chance. Anybody suggest a good hosting site?

Just wish i hadn't spent s much time cleaning the car Saturday as was filthy after the watersplash!

Regards to all who were there, some nice machinery especially the Candy White Cupra:D

RICH 1.6

Donington 15/7/2007

Arrived late but managed to double park just past the do nut van watched most of the races near the chicane great racing crap weather but at least skin is waterproof. reparked near a black cupra and left during the porche race.Big thanks to all involved.

Bassedout

Back to Blue with a Turbo
Feb 27, 2005
North Wales
Yes, must admit the Cupra was very nice. Mine was the Red FR TDi parked next to it :)

Felt kind of insignificant parked next to the 240bhp beast!

Still had a lot of admiring looks, and a load of photos taken of it by passers by!

The candy white cupra was lovely. I was told by my local seat dealer that they don't make it in candy white. Is this true??

Bassedout

Back to Blue with a Turbo
Feb 27, 2005
North Wales
:lol:Yeah he did lie...............

As i was sat in it there and back to Donnington, unless Rich had the delux white emulsion out before i arrived, i am sure it would have washed off though with the light shower we had:whistle::D

:lol:
Well I won't be going to him if I decide to change my car.
I like the cupra even more now.......
Cheers for the correct info guys.
Thanks
Phil

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.