Donington Park BTCC Meet Sunday 30th July

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
Matt-S3 said:
Again, echoing everyone else's comments, well organised and top parking spot.

Cheers for sorting the pass out for me and letting me park the 4 ringed traitor on your pitch. It was a wicked day and was the best yet I've had at Donny.

Really handy to have the the car so close and even managed to get out in 20 mins after the last race (when I went 2 years ago it took 2 and half hours !!)

Ah, I think I was parked next to your car then.

I spent half the night getting tickets of Ebay paying extornionate postage when the guys at DP didn't even bother to check! well, I shall remember for next time;)

Good central parking, thanks.

When is knockhill then? Last year was so so much fun

daljomo

my wife, I WISH !!!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2004
barton on humber north linc`s
cheers

thanks for the tickets mark, a great weekend had by all i think, shame we carnt say the same for the seat team drivers:confused: but never mind the weather was great and got some decent tan, great to catch up with you all and to chat to a few admireres of my bling bay, and i was last away as usual same as gti, never want to go home after a great day out:p

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
Empi5 said:
Dont be soft fella, doesnt matter what model it is, its all about the brand !
oh don't get me wrong i love my mk2, best looking ibiza made imo it just lacks power as its only a 1.4

can't decide if i should spend money on my mk2 for suspension and side skirts, or just save for a mk3 cupra or leon cupra

philcourt

Thanks for getting the passes/spaces sorted. Couldnt think of a better place to park (except then on the starting grid).

Chris FR

Empi5 said:
Seat Car Club, didnt realise they were there, did they have infield parking ?:whistle:

SCC were there, they didnt have infield parking, I was supposed to go and meet up with a few of them, but I was much happier staying where I was!!

There didnt seem to be much SEAT SPORT merchandise, i was hoping to get hold of some, but couldnt really find any. I wanted one of the grey polo shirts and the lanyard with the Yellow Seat phone holder thing on it. Can you get them off of the net??

BIG thanks to mOrk and all involved, was a great parking spot, no need to be anywhere else, easy access to car and food I brought, close to track, was a great day. My old man had a great time, so thanks again!

Chris

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Any time Chris - we have an excellent relationship with SEAT, and as such - wherever they can, they will help get us in such a good place as we had at Donington.

You will 'soon' be able to buy official SEAT Sport merchandise online, the firm who're doing it is just setting up the online card payments

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I was there with SCC, true we didn't have infield parking, but the amount of dust that was flying around i'm not so worried about that - your cars all looked smart though - that said the VXR stand was very very smartly turned out.

As it turns out, getting out from where we parked was a piece of cake - was back on the M1 5 minutes after leaving the carpark :)

All in all a great day out and a nice suntan to boot :)

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
it was a hard choice for me being in both scc an scn ,though it would have been nice infield on second day i chose to park with scc cars as was far easier to get away,(didn,t want to miss TG ) and as with fester i beat the traffic.had a great day though

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
fozzybear said:
it was a hard choice for me being in both scc an scn ,though it would have been nice infield on second day i chose to park with scc cars as was far easier to get away,(didn,t want to miss TG ) and as with fester i beat the traffic.had a great day though
As it turned out, getting out from infield after the third race was no sweat, getting onto the A50 through Melbourne village was a breeze too - they seem to have thought about traffic management for once ;)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yeh, i can't see infield parking being any more difficult to get out of.. not much traffic between the SCN stand and the doorway where we were parked :)

Good day tho peeps :)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Nice to meet you and your 'Ozzy' missus in person finally, quite obviously your better half :) Her suncream saved what was left of my red neck .... felt like i should have been drinking bud and driving around in a yank ford pickup shouting yeehaaw by the end of the day!

See you at the next one :)

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Just been sifting through my pics of the racing last weekend, I think this one sums up how Seat felt at the end of the day....

platonothappy.jpg

It's such a shame Seat have had little luck this season, for example in Race 2 Plato retired due to the racing incident down the Craner Curves which was no fault of his own and Matt Neal kept his car going.... :wtf:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
This is the thing

It's well known the Leon has more drag & less power (combination of S2000 rules, and the sport hatch shape)

So.... the BTCC coupe's with more power will walk it on a hilly / long acceleration circuit.

Cornering though, they are good, and under braking - hence their good results at Brands & Croft

In the WTCC they're allowed to run a flat floor which helps with the drag a lot (the power is the same as the others)

The BTC equalisation rules won't work in their favour all the time.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Ahh that makes sense then, didn't realise that was the problem - i've only ever been to donington when i've seen the BTCC - sad seeing as i live about 8 miles from silverstone! Must get about and see a few more circuits in that case and get a better overall picture.

Was that your 'estate' car parked up at the donington circuit, it looks like the one on your sig?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yeah, I took the van to DP (hidden at the back)

Not sure how they'll fare at Silverstone either, but if it's a big field it's an interesting circuit to watch - especially the complex.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I thought i saw it, it's not hard to stand out when you're the only 'van' amongst a seat of leons :)

I'd have said hi but i only left my chair 4 times over the course of the day - couple of runs to the toilets, one to get a baseball cap so my skull didn't fry and one to check out the halfords girls.

See you at another event more than likely :)

Patrick