Donington Park

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Think I will have a treck down to this one for both days and stay at my girlfriends. Is there going to be a meet here? Its only 3 weeks or so away!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The confirmed 2006 Dunlop MSA BTCC calendar is:

Round 1, Brands Hatch (Indy circuit), Kent, 9 April
Round 2, Mondello Park, County Kildare (IRL), 23 April
Round 3, Oulton Park (Island circuit), Cheshire, 14 May
Round 4, Thruxton, Hampshire, 4 June
Round 5, Croft, North Yorkshire, 16 July
Round 6, Donington Park (National circuit), 30 July
Round 7, Snetterton, Norfolk, 13 August
Round 8, Knockhill, Fife, 3 September
Round 9, Brands Hatch (Indy circuit), 24 September
Round 10, Silverstone (National circuit), 15 October

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
It was April last year, and is usually the season opener or one of the earliest or latest of the year, but as Donington is currently undergoing a major revamp of its facillities, including a whole new pit and hospitaility/media complex, so the BTCC delayed the race until the new pitlane etc is all done.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
In the engineering work, are they attempting to improve the safety situation of cars exiting the pitlane straight into the path of other cars on the racing line?

Just curious because Donington is a strange layout with the pits on the outside of the circuit, almost all other tracks have the pits on the infield so you exit onto a safe part of the track EDIT: except Croft & Knockhill but the pitlane exit isn't right at the end of the straight

Last edited:

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
IainW said:
Never mind a logo, they seriously need to sort the toilets out! :blink:
Quite true, apart from the bogs attached to the pit complex, all the others are disgraceful. It's ok for blokes, but if you have the other half with you it's minging.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Muzorewa said:
Quite true, apart from the bogs attached to the pit complex, all the others are disgraceful. It's ok for blokes, but if you have the other half with you it's minging.

Slightly off topic but kind of related, Muzy did i see you write last year that you were going to Mondello, cause I think me and Lordstorm quite fancy it as well, just wondered if you were, how u getting there, camping ?

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Empi5 said:
Slightly off topic but kind of related, Muzy did i see you write last year that you were going to Mondello, cause I think me and Lordstorm quite fancy it as well, just wondered if you were, how u getting there, camping ?
We were planning to go until we saw the ferry prices, Holyhead/Dublin roughly £200.00 to get the car & us over there, plus circuit admission, beer etc. I did check with the circuit and they do have on-site camping, no idea what facilities, though.

Instead we're going to Le Mans for the 24 hrs, £165.00 total for ferry, circuit & camping, just beer & food to get! Plus we'll see the new Audi R10 and see what a proper diesel car goes like - 5.5 litre V12 TDI, 650bhp, that'll do nicely!

If you're going to Mondello best of luck. Take a sowester. Ireland + April = Wet.

And try the traditional 'Ulster Fry'.
tn__Ulster%20Fry.jpg

Magnifico!!

cojjer

old enough to know better
Sep 28, 2005
Leicester innit
Going back to the original question. Is there generally a meet arranged for the Donington round of the BTCC? As I'm quite local I might be up for that one!

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
I am going to try and get to Oulton Park, Donnington, Croft and finally Silverstone. If anyone can recommend good close hotels for the Oulton Park, Silverstone Races let me know. Cheers.

Deleted member 13653

cojjer said:
Going back to the original question. Is there generally a meet arranged for the Donington round of the BTCC? As I'm quite local I might be up for that one!

Hi cojjer, any update on the BTCC at Donnington? It'd be good if there was a meet there... .... anyone know?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.