Don't really know how I ended up here

lasnah

Jan 30, 2019
Tallinn, Estonia
Well hello (as there was a post saying that "don't just say hello, be creative", close your eyes and picture Forrest Gump on a shrimp boat waving). Hope that does the creative trick.

My car history hasn't been that interesting. My current daily is my 4th car in line and not like most of you, I haven't had a VAG before.
The story that lead to a VAG car started around august last year when I realized that properly maintaining my E46 330i Touring is taking too much money. So I started thinking about a brand new car (well actually before that I wanted to by user S4BiT's Mk7 Golf GTI but I chickened out. Sorry Erkki). I was pretty much looking for any kind of a hatchback that offered decent amount of power. Quickly found that Mk3 Leon is the one with the most bang for your buck. Long story short I talked to my friend at the dealership, put together the accessories list, got a very nice offer and had it ordered - Seat Leon FR 190 DSG
Spec list:
5 door
Mystery Blue
Leather heated seats
Black roofliner(line, lining, liner?)
Navigation
Beats Audio
Virtual Cockpit
All the adaptive thingies
And so on (no DCC tho...)

Quite happy with the car. A bit noisy inside but hey that's Seat and I totally get it. Feels a lot snappier in the city than my previous E46 330i. Too bad there's still no decent remap for the EA888 3B engine but maybe in a year or two. Got the mirrors and grill wrapped black and looks a lot better. I also have a Golf Mk7 GTi backbox in the garage and would like to install that as well.

I'll a leave a picture here too:

Seat_2__2_.jpeg

My previous E46 330i Touring:

BHF_2685_re_.jpg

Oh and I also have a second car. 1991 BMW E30 320i with a M54B30 170kw (from a 2001 5-series) engine. Roll bar, Sparco R100 seats, Rota D154 wheels, 25% LSD, Direnza Performance radiator and so on. At the moment the engine is in pieces. Cp Carrillo forged pistons and PPF forged rods waiting in the garage so we all know where this is going... Maybe in a year or two or seven I'll have it back on the streets.

MG_3573.jpg

Hope I'm a worthy new member for this forum/community (despite the fact I don't actually have a Cupra)

Greetings from Estonia

Andreas

lasnah

Jan 30, 2019
Tallinn, Estonia
Welcome aboard, you will just love the FR :) Would love to see some pics from the interior. Also, how good is the Beats Audio?
Thank you! I'll take some interior shots in the near future. Can't really say anything bad about the Beats Audio. It's quite loud and clean but the bass could be a bit juicier

louiskopite

Dec 18, 2018
Athens
Thanks for the reply. I was under the same impression about the Beats Audio. Good but as if something is missing. Have the standard audio and thinking of improving that or either retrofit Beats Audio.

lasnah

Jan 30, 2019
Tallinn, Estonia
Thanks for the reply. I was under the same impression about the Beats Audio. Good but as if something is missing. Have the standard audio and thinking of improving that or either retrofit Beats Audio.
Well the Beats Audio is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the standard system. Please do improve or retrofit something :D

John Temperton

Apr 12, 2019
Welcome.

You'll love the FR. I do worry my Cupra 290 is just a bit too thirsty. Don't get me wrong, it can shift. But at a cost.

Cracking photographs by the way.