Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Door drop -bad hinge?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk2 (1993-1999)' started by skyrocketeer, Jan 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. skyrocketeer

skyrocketeer Guest

I've discovered that the hard-to-open passenger door is down to the fact that the top hinge has a fair bit of play, allowing the door to drop and bind on the striker. Am I right in thinking that I can simply replace the pin? Just that the parts catalogue only lists the hinges as a complete assembly and replacement of the whole hinge looks like a door-off type scenario (not my favourite...)

2. skyrocketeer

skyrocketeer Guest

Bump.
    Anyone?

3. Czechboy

Czechboy Tarmac terrorist

You should just pop down to your local scrappie, As I think the Golf and Polo should use the same hinge, so just nick the pin/hinge from them

Mig

4. skyrocketeer

skyrocketeer Guest

Hmm, will check ETOS for part numbers, but that makes the availability a bit easier.

So the bonus questions is: Can anyone reccomend a Seat (or Seat friendly) breaker in or near Bristol??? :)