GetAttachment5.jpg

GetAttachment1.jpg

Last edited:

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Ok here is the PDF translation

I got the lights at VW worried. Costs about 14, - for both.
(Part Number: 3B0 947 415 B)
By ALIEN80 EDIT: This version is compatible with Birnchen here. There are also LEDs: Part Number: 4E0 947
415 Price per piece: about 9,50 EUR

1.jpg

Everything else I had in my material stocks, but you can get the lines and even with the plug
VW buy. I have two-line rubber boots and cable is used.
893 971 632; matching plug for 3B0 947 415 B, 2-pin, 1.33 EUR
000 979 133; single line with contacts (1 mm); EUR 1.22
When the lights you need on the polarity careful because a diode is installed.

2.jpg

If you have the door panels from, you need to remove the blind plug. Then use the lamps
and the pipe to the fixed reflector embarrassed. One can for example Using hot-melt, or as I Loctite
(is very suitable for plastics and hard bone).

3.jpg

Now comes the fun part, because the cable colors may be different each time. For me, they were
Purple / Brown (driver side) or Purple / White (Passenger side) for the mass-line door and red / white
(Driver's side) and red / green (passenger side) for the period plus the windows. (Built 2003)

4.jpg

At the time of windows Plus it is quite easy because of the duration plus a wider cross-section and
front right in the plug in place.
When mass downstream door but if you measure in any case, even if you have the colors
exist. If the wires are different colors, you need to hold a line after the other
traversed. Have you found the pipes, use its best electricity thieves to
Illumination will be added.
Now we come to the illumination of the reflector. I was with 3 small lanterns
satisfied with that. We are together only 3 watts, but this is quite sufficient, as its below
in the photos will see
I have a circuit board from a suitable piece rausgeschnitten components and these rausgesucht (see
Photo).

5.jpg

6.jpg

Then I listed everything
Now you need to install the reflector back and the board stick. Now the lines of the
Illumination come and connect to the electricity thieves continue.
If this is done, it should now look like

7.jpg

Unfortunately, the illumination of the reflector on the side of the door panel, but I will still
tinker with a cover.

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Thanks guys for that! So to clarify, there is a glovebox light (rectangular) underneth the door to iluminate the ground, and there is a pre-marked hole for this. Then you make a seperate light to go behind the reflector?

Sorry if im being slow, but it has been a long day!

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Thanks guys for that! So to clarify, there is a glovebox light (rectangular) underneth the door to iluminate the ground, and there is a pre-marked hole for this. Then you make a seperate light to go behind the reflector?

Sorry if im being slow, but it has been a long day!

if you look in the bottom of you door card there is the blanking plate that you pop out for the light to go into.

1.jpg

on the left the blank on the right the light

bogdancristiann

Jan 22, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
Yes, there is a blank one at the bottom of each door. I also have a picture of that, but I still cannot post any links.

The lamps are installed from outside, so just plug the cables, remove the blank lamp from the door card, pull the cables outside, reinstall the door card. The lamps will pop in there place, after you connect the cables through the connector to the lamp.

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Cool,thanks for all the info. Im going past VW tomorow to pick up the bits to fit cruise controll, so I might grab the components then. Ill let you know how I get on with the fitting.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Yes, there is a blank one at the bottom of each door. I also have a picture of that, but I still cannot post any links.

The lamps are installed from outside, so just plug the cables, remove the blank lamp from the door card, pull the cables outside, reinstall the door card. The lamps will pop in there place, after you connect the cables through the connector to the lamp.

There are no blanking plates in the bottom of my doors. and I personally have never seen any on a UK spec Ibiza. On mine I have the red reflectors in the bottom corner of the interior door upholstery card.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
There are no blanking plates in the bottom of my doors. and I personally have never seen any on a UK spec Ibiza. On mine I have the red reflectors in the bottom corner of the interior door upholstery card.

:confused: mine has the blanks at the bottom of the door card! maybe its a facelift/prefacelift thing?

g8rvn

Apr 7, 2008
Tamworth, Staffs
Well mine definitely has them on an '03 pre facelift SX model.
I got a couple of these lights from work and Ive tried to do this before and failed, I couldnt find either a switched live feed or a switched earth front the door catch to power it, only a load of momentary voltage changes. Dont know why cause they are obviously there...
nice one bogdancristiann for this.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd reckon that your 2003 car is actually a 2002MY build car - so that is why you have them fitted. I thing that I warned someone (on Polo UK forum?) that simply tapping into power ans/or switched earth wires would not work as these signals are just that - not supplies. Its good that someone has unearthed the proper way to do this as the Polo and/or Fabia wiring schedule in the Haynes book misses this "important" info out!! I must just go and buy a pair of these (Polo) lights - but as usual I'll check price at dealer first as ebay NOS traders tend to be having a laugh - even before P&P.

bogdancristiann

Jan 22, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
Even if the cables do not match with what I wrote, + is always a thick cable, thicker than the others, and is red. The - can be identified easily, you just try all the other cables with your door open until you find the one that closes the circuit.

g8rvn

Apr 7, 2008
Tamworth, Staffs
I have just fitted one to my drivers side door, my passenger door catch is fubared and doesnt ever send a signal to say the door is closed...

The colours I used were the thick red/white for the + and it was either purple/brown or brown/purple for the negative. the earth does not go into the window unit, it runs into the car somewhere.

A low power signal wire is enough to power a small bulb, plus its an earth signal so it will go straight through whatever ecu its attached to and back out to ground the other side.

Last edited:

g8rvn

Apr 7, 2008
Tamworth, Staffs
I think the microswitches inside the door catch arent working properly or there is some damage to the wire somewhere because it works properly sometimes and other times it does strange things such as when I drive off and the doors lock, the passenger one unlocks again.

VAG COM says something about a sporadic signal fgoing to either the security ecu or the central door locking one, which basicaly means its not getting the signal or not what it expects.

bogdancristiann

Jan 22, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
There is a known problem with the door contacts, there is a switch there which first starts giving sporadic errors and after a while stops working completely and the door cannot be closed any more. The solutions are to change the switch from that door look or change the door look completely.

g8rvn

Apr 7, 2008
Tamworth, Staffs
Yeah Ive known about this problem for ages, gets a bit annoying if I unlock the doors and only open the passenger door, 30 secs later the system re arms itself as it doesnt think the door has been opened and the alarm goes off.
Does anyone know a rough estimate of how much it would cost to get this fixed for good?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.