Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Door Handle In My Hand!?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by jordyboy004, Jan 9, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jordyboy004

jordyboy004 Leon Cupra 1.8t 20v

went to the car this morn to give mum a lift to work. when i dropped her off saw some friends who could do with a lift home. got out and opened the drivers side rear door and was frozen shut so me being me gave it a yank and then the handle came off in my hands. looks like some parts have been broken and would prob need new ones. parts aint a problem was just wondering if its a fix that can be done by me or is it a garage job? anyone had this problem and tried fixing it their self?

2. Andrewcupra TDI

Andrewcupra TDI Resident Desk Jockey

oh god , me being heavy handed too , betta leave the mrs open , if she breaks she pays lol

already broke two ice scrapers yesterday (new ones too)

nah will take care if they are a bit stiff

id imagine you could sort yourself

3. jordyboy004

jordyboy004 Leon Cupra 1.8t 20v

yeah def dont give it a yank lol. while searching for a fix i did read some people putting vaseline on the rubbers seals. and dw40 all the locks. so thats something ill be doing later. i gave up with ice scrappers. warm water in a bottle then spray de icer over the screen to clear the rest. such a pain in the ass this weather

4. vwbassett

vwbassett Joined the Dark Side

id use spray grease over wd40 as it will just drip off