Door indicator seat altea xl

seat1981

Feb 18, 2016
For some reason the door indicator on my seat altea xl will not go off, I have made sure all the doors are closed and still doesn't go off, also the interior light will not go off when the engine is started as the car thinks there is a door open.

Can anyone help me with this please?

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
I'm about certain that you sorted your problem meanwhile, still I regard it as part of the board's etiquette to post answers.

I can only assume, cause you didn't mention any technical background information about the car, that your XL comes with the small MFD (i.e. no navi/ no bluetooth), that won't show any pictograms about the car's doors ... (otherwise you would have all 4 doors as well as hood and trunc displayed in there).

If you only see the indicator, it might as well be the hood or the trunc not closed firmly, as there are contacts in the locks giving feedback to the central electirc control unit. To check that hood and/or trunc are closed, just switch on the associates wipers ... if the wiperarms remain in position, the lid is not correctly closed (hopefully), or the locking mechanism has an issue, which is still cheaper to fix than the replacement of a probably damaged control unit.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.