Door jammed shut

20v_Sport

Hi

Im having probs with my drivers door on my 1999 toledo,its jammed shut and wont open ?

Dont know if this is a common fault or just mine ? but anyone got any ideas wat the prob might be ?

I think its the door latch not releasing correctly but just wondered if there any common faults ?

cheers

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I've had this on another car, the internal linkages from the handles had got bent and weren't moving the lock. I had to remove the internal panel and operate the lock manually, then once the door was open I could look at fixing it.

But I believe SEAT doors have two screws at the bottom, so you might have a challenge on your hands to get the panel off while the door is shut.

20v_Sport

I've had this on another car, the internal linkages from the handles had got bent and weren't moving the lock. I had to remove the internal panel and operate the lock manually, then once the door was open I could look at fixing it.

But I believe SEAT doors have two screws at the bottom, so you might have a challenge on your hands to get the panel off while the door is shut.

Hi mate,ive managed to get in the door now,pain in the arse is the word lol.once the door was open i realised the mechanism inside the door isnt releasing when you pull the door handle . . . both handle inside and out dont release it so i dont think its owt to do with the cables.I think the problem is the door latch mechanism

Anyone else got any suggestions ? before i go buying one.

mcmanley

Give it a little tap under the handle, works on mine every time

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.