Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Door lock microswitch Guide

Discussion in 'Mk4 Ibiza Guides (6L) 2002-2008' started by Neo, Sep 18, 2010.

1. R0b3r

R0b3r Guest

Clean contact residual 0 is correct !!!

2. ibiza64

ibiza64 Active Member

Can someone just explain the part about moving/taping the window. I'm fine with everything else but i'm confused/worried about the part when i have to lower the window until i see the two bolts, then undo them. What does undoing the bolts do?

Sorry if that sounds stupid but want to get it straight in my head first! Cheers!

3. Ol' Timer

Ol' Timer Full Member

Undoing the bolts releases the glass from the lifting mechanism. The bolts clamp the glass.

Basically you lower the window until you can see the bolts through the access holes. You undo the bolts until the glass can move and then lift the glass up in the frame and secure it at the top using strong adhesive tape stuck to one side of the glass, over the top on the door and onto the other side of the glass. Make sure it is held securely. This allows you to withdraw the carrier, winding mechanism and lock as a unit when everything is free.

When the carrier is back in place you can lower the glass into the clamps and tighten the bolts again.

I hope this helps.

4. Spiti89

Spiti89 Guest

Hi,

I tried to get to the microswitch but I could not remove the metal cover.
    I removed those 11 bolts, those 2 bolts under the window and those 2 bolts from the sidewise(12-point star). However, the metal cover was hanging of something.
    Did I do something wrong? Do I need to remove the plastic tab from the door handle like on Vw Golf?

Thanks.

5. Ol' Timer

Ol' Timer Full Member

The workshop manual tells you to remove the lock barrel and exterior door handle first. Did you do that?

6. tdi sport

tdi sport Active Member

you dont have to remove door handle just lock barrel

7. Creavo

Creavo Guest

interesting thread, cheers

8. BrettBlade

I believe this would fit the bill for a replacement?

(Link to an eBay listing)
    http://bit.ly/1hRi22e

9. MR T

MR T Full Member

Hi guys bit of advice please. Here is the background my door would do the usual thing lock itself after it was unlocked no light buzzer interior light staying on etc. So i bought a second hand latch which was tested and guaranteed. Now the problem is that the door will only lock with the key in the barrel all the other doors work fine either on the remote key or the interior switch and the flashing red light comes on the drivers door when is locked. have i done it wrong i followed the guide and pretty sure everything is connected up. Or is it a duff unit?
    Opinions please as i don't want to get into a ruck with the supplier and look an arse

10. Very good guide, should get off my ass and have a go but have 2 to do and like others think you just get used to it relocking and alarming when u get in it lol

11. Marler

Marler Guest

Just replaced my drivers door mechanism with a new one, now the door locks then unlocks if you press the lock button on the key twice. Then when you lock it from the inside with the interior lock all others door lock and drivers door stays unlocked. Any ideas? Tried resetting the battery on the car and did nothing.

Only thing I recall doing was releasing the small windy metal as show in the image below arp: http://jmparts.webd.pl/Door lock me...lock mechanism GOLF 4 FRONT RIGHT - shop1.jpg

Any ideas? Is it supposed to stay connected to the gold bit as I can't see how it should when it's impossible to move if it stays connected

12. Marler

Marler Guest

Resolved my problem by getting a lock from the stealers for £150 :O :( however works perfectly

13. BrettBlade

The bolts that hold the door lock module in are M8 spline.

14. Mk4

Mk4 Active Member

Sorry to bump an old thread, I'm trying to remove the metal panel on the passenger side and despite all the bolts being removed the metal panel will not budge, it moves closer to the hinges, but by the lock itself is still fixed solid. There appears to be 2 small rivets by the grommet on the lock side of the door. Does anyone know why the panel is stuck?

15. pel

pel Active Member

Do you have to drill out the rivets?

16. RobDon

RobDon Pro Detailer

17. Boconnor

Boconnor Active Member

Bumping an old thread to see if I can help anyone out.
    I had this same issue, with both door locks unfortunately.
    Stripped down the drivers door and got the lock out, microswitch on mine was absolutely knackered. No chance of saving it.
    I got onto eBay and found a lock. Thought I'd take the chance and order it
    http ://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161374920353&alt=web
    (space in the http)
    EBay item number: 161374920353
    So it's £33. 1 year warranty.
    Arrived extremely quick, I fitted it the same day. And works an absolute treat, I am seriously impressed.
    So I've ordered the passenger one also at a price of £25.

Just a heads up for anyone looking to replace there's.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

18. MW05

MW05 Active Member

Does this switch have anything to do with why my car can take several seconds (or not bother at all) before switching the interior light on and unlocking the doors after I've removed my ignition key?
    My interior light always comes on when I open the door but my car does lock itself and reset the alarm if I unlock it and don't get into it after about 30 seconds.

19. bald_eagle

bald_eagle yeah its blue but i like

The car will reset the alarm and doors after 30 seconds if no doors have been opened and its supposed to do that , the issue is if it does it even if you have got in.

Get in drom the drivers side and wait for a while and see if the doors lock on you,don't do anything inside like turning the key just sit there :).

another symptom is the lights on buzzer doesnt work .

20. azibi_130

azibi_130 Active Member

hard work, but is worth the effort