Door Speaker Issue

dgsmedley

Hi,

I brought a 2010 Seat Ibiza CR Sport a few months back and noticed after a few weeks that I didn't have any sound from the front door speakers. I've finally got round to taking a look through taking the door card off and it seems I've got front door speakers, and there connected. The tweeters in the front work and the rear speakers work but not either door speakers. We've had the radio out to fit a parrot kit in, using the SOT lead, before I noticed the speaker issue, but the parrot kit only sends calls to the front drivers side (as I did in my old clio) but with only tweeters in the front and no door speakers, the callers voice sounds terrible. We've taken the parrot out and connected the radio directly back in but still no door speakers. I'm completely out of ideas, any suggestions?

Cheers,

David

TeamBosie

Jul 24, 2013
Toddington, Beds
I've checked everything is as it should, Mrs T says the front speakers just stopped putting out sound and shes right, tweeters and rears work but thats it. I will look at taking the door cards off, are there any door card removal tips/guides? Sorry I don't come on here often, I can usually be found on the Jag forum where i've taken my car apart and done allsorts... I'm not quite so clued up on the Seat :)

IanBoca

Aug 10, 2014
Leeds
You are lucky you have rear speakers, I have a hole for them but nothing in them. I had an issue with my front speakers, but it was when using AUX in. Twisted the cable a little and they worked again, quick fix for me luckily.

dgsmedley

Been asking around for a multimeter to test but it seems no one I know has one. I've been getting quotes from auto electricians but £60+ just to take a look! It's just a pain that the whole door card and window needs to come out to get to it. It was a screwdriver and a bit of force to get them out my old clio. Just considering the options now...It seems so strange it both left and right front :/

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Been asking around for a multimeter to test but it seems no one I know has one. I've been getting quotes from auto electricians but £60+ just to take a look! It's just a pain that the whole door card and window needs to come out to get to it. It was a screwdriver and a bit of force to get them out my old clio. Just considering the options now...It seems so strange it both left and right front :/

Take out the radio and identify the 8 speaker wires in their own plug.

Take a 1.5v battery and a couple of wires.

Touch the battery(using the wires) across each pair of speaker wires.
You will hear the tick of the speaker cone moving.

That will tell you if the wiring is faulty OR the head unit is faulty

Bocanegra2010

May 15, 2015
Swansea
My front speakers not working either, seems to be a common issue I suspect as a result of the design flaw which allows water to fill up inside the door? going down the after market upgrade route I think with something other than cardboard cones! Just ordered a trim removal tool to have a go at replacing front and rears. Otherwise it'll be something for the dealer to do at the next service in the summer.

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
Common issue on cars with people playing music to loudly stock speakers are not equipt to run at full whack for any extended time period also a lot of the Heavy bass music can cause premature failure.

buy your self a multi meter they start out pretty cheap and for what you need it for the £10 Chinese crap will work just fine test continuity of the wires from the back of the head unit down to the speaker (ideally should do a voltage drop) make sure to check all the fuses ( not likely as the speaker is fused with other items within the doorcard) Next check the speaker it's self Hook it up to a small power source and see if it has any life in it if not then it will need replacing.

the note on water intrusion Almost always you find that the vehicle has visited a body shop if you're finding water intrusion in the door cards.

From what you've described I Would lean towards the speaker it's very rare for the wiring to fail unless there are outside influences. same goes for the head unit.

Bocanegra2010

May 15, 2015
Swansea
Thanks for that. Hopefully just a speaker problem then as you say and not the wiring or HU that needs replacing.

I don't think it's the volume that's done the speakers in as I never go above 15 on the volume but I do like a lot of bass usually on the +6 but used to be on the +9 setting! So assume it's that for now! Hope some decent speakers will handle the bass better than the card board stock ones!

ii CMC

Feb 17, 2015
what happened with this, if you switched to aftermarket speakers what do they sound like with the factory headunit?

Mikkel2110

Jun 3, 2017
Is there a guide here with either a video or pics? I've found this seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250830
but I can't see the pics - it just says I need to upgrade my user - but how do I do that? - I need to change my speakers in within the next 10 days otherwise I have to drive on vacation with blown speakers = Not fun!

I've also found a video guide on youtube, but it is in spanish :/

Sorry for reviving such the old thread.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.