Door speakers etc

N3 CPRA

Dec 7, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
Hey people

Thought id rack your brains and ask about speakers in the car.
Im looking to just upgrade the door speakers and maybe the dash mounted ones too.
Is this a relatively easy job to do and does anybody have any previous experience.
Iv done speakers and sub installs on my previous car but havent done door mounted spekers and would just like to know what part of the door panel i need to take off.
Thanks

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
to get the speaker out you need to take the speaker cover off, there is a screw underneath it. take it off and the grill will come off. but if you`re rewiring it might pay you to take door card off aswell. the tweeters on top of the dash are easy aswell. just prize the cover off and you will see how they are fixed in.

GMInsite

Apr 3, 2009
Im looking to do this aswell . Does anyone knw the sizes of the speakers in the doors in the front and in the rear next to the parcel shelf?

N3 CPRA

Dec 7, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
to get the speaker out you need to take the speaker cover off, there is a screw underneath it. take it off and the grill will come off. but if you`re rewiring it might pay you to take door card off aswell. the tweeters on top of the dash are easy aswell. just prize the cover off and you will see how they are fixed in.

Cheers dude, no im not looking to rewire just putting an upgrade in as the factory speakers are poo basically, will just take old ones out then put new ones in and change the wire end to fit the new ones.

g60bron

GTi Fixer!!!
Jan 23, 2010
Doncaster
Easy to do if you get some components 16.5cm the wiring is easy on these as the door speakers are piggy backed off the dash tweeters... so chop off the plug and wire them into the crossover supplied :D

Pm me if you want more info :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.