Double Din H/U

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
www.gardensandhouses.co.uk
I know some one on here has done, but can't for the life of me think who it was. The 1 thing I do know is that its very expensive to get one and the necessary facia etc...

thequixotic2001

Nov 20, 2009
South Wales
I would be fitting a Kenwood DVD H/U, I have had this for a few years now.
Just want to know if anyone has converted it or not, Any threads here for dash strip down ?, Don't want to break anything that isn't already.

sedonou75

paris city
Jan 4, 2010
Paris
I change my console 1 din in 2 din not buy the console that costs 300 € and work very clean and they look like the original lol its already 1 year and with no worries, if you need t made me know, bye

Sorry but I speak English I use google translation

thequixotic2001

Nov 20, 2009
South Wales
Mine is now taking shape, When time and the cold allows.

From when I bought it.
2009_12120003.jpg

Bought this from a Leon scrapper.
2009_12210008.jpg

Partly modified.
2009_12210014.jpg

2009_12210015.jpg

2009_12210019.jpg

Will post more when I have done some more, Cost so far £10.

thequixotic2001

Nov 20, 2009
South Wales
Just to update,
Before
2009_12120003.jpg

During,
2009_12210019.jpg

2010_02070001.jpg

After
2010_02070005.jpg

Have sprayed it anthracite but not sure if I like it or not, Also it the plastic centre consol now has marks because I dropped it so will have to do something with that also [:@].
Not finished yet, Got to get the H?U central as it is only slightly out but will annoy me if I don't do it.
It might take some time but I will post a pic or two when finished.

Also ten into six will go, Modded the glovebox to take a Kenwood ten disc player.
2010_02070008.jpg

tomcat57

Hello guys.
You have do a very good job. I'm very impressed. I would like also change my console 1DIN in 2DIN in order to put a "Seat Car Dvd Player With Gps Navigation Rns Dvd Autoradio" up in my leon 1M. But it's impossible to find in SEAT store all accessory because I have a manual ventillation. It's why I come to ask some help to do the same modification in my car. Could you tell my please the différente mesurments and necessery information to realise this kind of 2DIN console with manual ventillation.

My email adresse is : [email protected]

Thanks you very much

PS: thequixotic2001, I have the same console that you.

Bonjour à tous.
Vous avez fais du trés bon travail. Je suis trés impressionné. J'aimerais aussi changer ma console 1DIN pour une 2DIN et ainsi installer le post double DIN SEAT dans ma leon 1M. Mais c'est impossible de trouver en magasin la pièce toute fini car je possède une climatisation manuelle. C'est pourquoi je me tourne vers vous pour vous demander s'il vous plait tous les détails nécessaire (mesures, équipement, et autres) afin de réaliser se poste double DIN avec climatisation manuelle.

Mon adresse email est : [email protected]

Merci beaucoup.

Shans

I am also looking for a double din replacement for my single din Toledo. I also have the manual AC.

I know there has been threads on this before, but it is really hard to find some instructions how to get the necessary parts etc.

I am willing to pay whatever it takes, to do it as simply as possible, as I am not much of a technical guy :)

red040281

Apr 10, 2010
well ive been looking for a double din center console for months tryed scrap yards ebay online and i have more chance of finding rocking horse **** lol

thequixotic2001

Nov 20, 2009
South Wales
Later on this year the Toledo will be up for sale without the double din, You can then all fight for the one I've made if you like, It will probably go on ebay if no one is interested.

Shans

Can't see one yet :confused:

Haha, me neither :) Had some connection problems as i am typing from my phone...

Seems like I am in fact a newbie.

Anyways, are you willing to ship to Norway if you would sell the part?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.