downpipe & decat

aterro

Banana Bomber
Oct 28, 2009
hello
i have searched and found different answers by different posters.

im on standard map
mods are
catback 2.5inch exhaust
dynatwist
007p

and i want a downpipe/decat for a better noise.
i have a company that will make me one.

im just wondering the best size for my spec
3 inch to 2.5 inch?
or is this to big?

also the second lambda sensor
by the meaning of spacing it out is it just a bigger thread so the sensor itself is in the thread and not sitting in the middle of the pipe?
or go for something like this?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3768940

any ideas on where i could get one of them from^

cheers lads

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
go for a 2.5" downpipe a 3" is a waste of time unless running over 300 bhp from what i was told at ukexhausts when i went to price my downpipe sportscat combo up. if you go down the de cat route the spacer idea i good one as spacing the sensor out stops fault codes coming up ;)

aterro

Banana Bomber
Oct 28, 2009
go for a 2.5" downpipe a 3" is a waste of time unless running over 300 bhp from what i was told at ukexhausts when i went to price my downpipe sportscat combo up. if you go down the de cat route the spacer idea i good one as spacing the sensor out stops fault codes coming up ;)

so just 2.5 inch from turbo to backbox be ok?
ill be going the decat route indeed.
how much mm should the spacer be ?
even with the sensor spaced out will i face any other running problems?

cheers

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
yeah would say 2.5" is the best route as for the spacer have been hold diffrent by anything from just a nut to bring the probe out to the adaptor thing in your first post personally i would go for the adaptor due to it been tried and tested have a word with TARZAN he posted a link up a while ago for the adaptor and dont think that you should have any running problems.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.