Downpipe+Standard CAT on Ibiza Cupra TDi

Bull3t Proof

Maniac
Jun 18, 2009
South Africa
Im looking at doing a Downpipe on my cabbie.

Currently have a Custom CAT back exhaust, nice tone---now i want more power.

Removing my CAT is not an option as this is saving my Turbo from going POP!

I have Software on my car as well as a K&N filter(with some mods to allow MUCH MORE air to pass)

What i wana know is, if i put in a 63mm(3.5") downpipe and KEEP my Standard CAT will\should i expect power gains? Boost comes in lower? Tone change of exhaust? Will it Eat the CAT away?

antnee

Have you had it mapped in some way so if you remove the CAT it will blow the turbo?

and 3.5" is far to big, 2.5" is about right. Its a VAG car not JAP

antnee

As Adam said, lots of TDi owners remove the CAT ( as will I when I get the exhaust done) and no one has problems. Turbo's can only handle a certain amount of power (around 190bhp on a standard pd130 turbo) so that may be your main problem

Deamox1fy

BUT this is his first turbo that's gone.. How many km's did you put on your cab before this happened? Obviously "overspinning" is bad!!! That's what the word says, doesn't it?

@ CJRamze - Do you have a part number for the front bumper on your cab? Looks wild.. And on the skirts? Sorry, thread jack!

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
BUT this is his first turbo that's gone.. How many km's did you put on your cab before this happened? Obviously "overspinning" is bad!!! That's what the word says, doesn't it?

@ CJRamze - Do you have a part number for the front bumper on your cab? Looks wild.. And on the skirts? Sorry, thread jack!

Hi Dude, Honestly couldn't tell you the part numbers as mine came out the factory with it.
Its the Aero Kit, Best bit is the rear bumper but you'll need a custom exhaust for that as the one you buy with the Kit is rubbish!

Its called the Aero Kit, Seat Sport addon I think :)

Deamox1fy

It looks awesome! I'll try and find the P/N's for it. Although, if I do the front, I'm gonna wanna do the rest so might aswell settle for the whole kit. Lol, will google some pics and check what the one with the kit looks like..

The looks it gives makes the car look crazzzyyy;)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent

antnee

So what are people saying, if you change to the milltek decat pipe then your gonna end up with problems??????

No, just the OP as he has it mapped badly and is pushing the standard turbo too much. There are loads of people on here, IOC and briskoda with de-cats and haven't had a problem at all!

Bull3t Proof

Maniac
Jun 18, 2009
South Africa
Hi Guys

The reason my turbo blew was cos of less oil in engine.. I should have went with my instinc and checked it that morning. NOW everyday im checking oil...LOL :D

what i was trying to say\ask is.... IF i put it a 2.5 downpipe---will my boost come in earlier?
I am not a Mech so know very lil about the technical aspects--i kinda confused myself with boost etc... sorry guys.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.