DPF EGR Remap issues

Bubble

Jun 16, 2010
Staffordshire/Cheshire Border
Hi guys.
I am aware that there is a lot of talk about DPF and EGR problems but I just want to ask if someone can give me a clear route to sorting my issues.
I want to do all I can to sort my car out and quickly.
I'm pretty fed up about it not running right.

I have a 56 Altea FR TDI.
I had a DPF issue so decided to go for a delete and remap.
After having the remap and delete done, the guy who did it said he had to run a lower power map because my car kept cutting power at higher boost levels.
I had the car back foe 2 weeks when it started to regen and popped the eml and regen lights on.
I was told it was a maf problem so replaced that, I wasn't convinced but did it any way.
He reset the ecu, it happened again.
I took it back and he kept the car for 2 weeks. Said he reset the map because it was cutting power again so it isnt running with a power map any more, sluggish.
The tuner says that it's my injectors but I'm not convinced.

Now the eml light is on again.

What the hell do I do?
I want my money back for the remap seeing as it's not running an efficient map, no power and worse economy, is that a realistic expectation?
So because the guy thinks it's the injectors he's passed it back to me and I'm not happy.

I want to know the route I should take now, from people who have experience with these issues and an give me a DPF for Dummies run down on the repair route I need to take now to resolve my issues.
I just can't think straight about it right now so I need some support.

I must say though that I think I've been a bit foolish because I took it to a tuner with only a little VAG experience and as it turns out, no VAGCOM. DOH!

Help,

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Working on your location can you get to BVR Automotive in Longton, Stoke?

They do DPF deletes, properly! Ask them to look and get a second opinion. Then demand your money back from the previous remapper as they sound like they don't have a clue.